A day in the life..

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

MadDog
Chatty

A day in the life..

Post by MadDog »

Optimism is something which was in short supply when it became time for it to be dished out in my direction….so I settled for Pessimism….lots of it…..
In fact I have an Iron cross, first class in the subject….but that being said.. I am fairly optimistic that sometime soon…the pessimism will expand somewhat, even as the optimism will diminish….
And every cloud has a silver lining if you are sucker enough to believe it.

Yes…..It’s always good to start on a cheery note…

What have you got to do in this sport to become a hero?
And more to the point what have you got to do in this sport to remain a hero?
I saw the Hero’s at the Model Ridge yesterday…whipping up the cream down at Hasty Bank, while Me and Gary where down among the flora and fauna gazing skyward and wishing them down….
You just have to ….don’t you?
I lay on me back in the day’s lovely sunshine and beat me little fists with frustration
You just have to do that as well …don’t you?
But all was not lost…..Would you just believe it?
Along came this beautiful young girl as I lay there in the long ferns….She shoved the wing into the stuff sack. Put it on her back and said…
Where to, and how fast… Master?
(It happens to me all the time)
“Just a little higher will do, thank you very much” said he pinching himself…
Up she went…and then helped me get the glider ready for take off….but there it ended
Incompetence reared its ugly head and the take off was abandoned….
“Not to worry master…I’ll just carry it back for you”
Just how many times can you pinch yourself?
And she did….
Thanks Naomi….You are an angel!
And what could be better than a walk under Gods glorious sunshine in the company of an intelligent and lovely girl back to the Model Ridge?
We talked of many subjects….How to put the world right…..climate change,,,,
A woman’s place in this changing world, baby’s nappies, and how to avoid them
And why carry the load yourself when there are others much more capable?
And why does Miskum have all the fun. Flying those big jets through the day…then going home to all those chocolate kisses…..?
I put all these thoughts into my unsolved mystery’s compartment for further perusal at a later date, among the rest of the unsolved mystery’s…..Like.
Why am I such a loser?
Why can’t I just be a singer in a rock and roll band?
Is the Wichita lineman still on the line?
Did the Rolling Stones ever get satisfaction?
Did Rudolph ever get that nose job?
Is the fool down yet from the hill?

After a cup of coffee and a currant bun I went back to the face and watched the fun and games along with the rest in the warm comfort of what was left of the day…..thinking to myself what the everyday punters, out with their children must be thinking……
Look at him dad….He takes off in that bag of washing….sinks slowly down to the bottom of this steep hill….then dad…he humps it back up again, slippin and sliding. Sweating….and then dad, look, he’s gonna do it again dad……Dad.
And the ones with the pointy end forward, they run off dad….try to avoid the other ones….and then they turn towards the hill, increase speed to mach 2….then they splat them selves against the ground….. Dad, Dad….shall we call the ambulance dad?

If only everything was as it seems!
It may not look normal son…It’s only the Buzz Lightyear Syndrome
That’s not flying…just falling with style!
And there you go then…….Whatever puts a twinkle in your eye.
And so the long lovely day came to an end while the wind dropped and dropped until not even the mentally sub normal would take off….
Ladeez and Gentlemuls….the hill will be closing in five minutes, please leave the place as you found it….last one to leave… please blow the candle out
So I put all my dreams of fame and fortune back in the bag along with everything else
And everyone else…. ready for another day…
Now just how much paragliding sunshine can a man expect to have coming down his street on a single day?
Lots of questions again….but no answers required….just another day in the life….
Nothing shared….nothing gained….and at the end of it all…no-one got hurt…
Best wishes to you Alastair
Best wishes to you Dave
Get well soon!

The gang outside the Lordstones café….but not yesterday
Attachments
DSCF0632-2.JPG
DSCF0632-2.JPG (77.58 KiB) Viewed 4180 times
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

it was great to share the moment me been decked and seeing you above me. what you have to do to make others feel better i meeen i had to big ear and spiral to get down for you.

this week john should be your week

cheers gary
Fingers
Regular

Post by Fingers »

And more to the point what have you got to do in this sport to remain a hero?
Be able to tell a good yarn, with out one all those KMs so obsessively sought after mean nothing. A poetic tale of 20km is worth 20 X 100km flights that are simply nothing more than a number and a computer line, who remembers those?.

So John, as far as hero's go, your streets ahead of the competition in my book, but I am just a romantic fool.
Everything in moderation, including moderation.
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

I'll second that Steve he's always been my hero there's only one Mad Dog and I love him (h)
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach
Full Name: Colin Keightley

Post by colin keightley »

You been at the Vino again mister Wallis, but no seriously sod the supposed sky gods ive always looked up to the Dog and always will.
If Acro was easy they'd call it Cross Country

07824 554735
Livetrack24: Colinkeightley
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

ive always looked up to the Dog
Didn't know you'd taken up caving Colin :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's all Karma John, you shouldn't have called me a fat b@***** earlie in the morning. Positive thoughts and vibes will get you to the top of the stack again.
Now repeat after me,,,,,,
'I love my little green and white wing, I love my little..........'
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
Misk2
Mingling

Post by Misk2 »

It was my pleasure John!

Had a great day on Saturday catching up with everyone - hope to see you all again soon!