Something to replace my lovely Yellow Epsilon, HELP!!!!

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

Misk
Regular

Post by Misk »

He didn't learn those skills at East Hill though did he? :D
Fingers
Regular

Post by Fingers »

I heard it was Titers, great hill you know.
Everything in moderation, including moderation.
Bradleisure
Chatty

Post by Bradleisure »

Bring on the Flying Weather! :roll:

You been down South lately Gary?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/sussex/8362671.stm 8)
Fly Safe & Fly Far ;)
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

Nice video isn't it, and I would say a lot more dangerous than flying any 2-3.
Did you ever climb trees as a kid and pull wheelies?
How many out there saved their virginity until marriage?
Did you always take precautions on a one night stand?
I have never known a sport that is so judgemental on what other people do.
This sport is not an exact science and only you can make that decision of what and where you want to be.
Come on stop saying that you must be this must be that or all the paraglider shops will be out of business. Face facts this is a dangerous sport whether you think it or not and flying a 1-2 dangerously in rotor and other dangerous places will not save you.
Advice is what Brian was after and not his ability or what wing he should be flying, Brian has more than enough skills for any dhv 2 or even 2-3 if he so wished. Yet his choice is not to go that far, yet his decision making is always safe and not risky, what some less experienced pilots do out of ignorance.
My accidents may have been attributed to the wing I was flying but that I will never know, as it is only speculation. My hg accident was poor judgement on where I was going to land and some bad luck and good look, yet the same hill has taken out nearly every pilot in are club, so maybe it was not the wing but where I chose to land.
Choose a wing that you are happy on and what you are likely to get the best out of for your flying, no point buying a wing that scares you shitless and you have to keep landing or a wing that bores you senseless because someone says so.
Read this month’s cross country about fear and ask yourself have you got what it takes to come back after a near miss or a serious accident? Not as easy as you all think and if you do, how will you deal with it? I drink Horlicks and it has always worked for me

Cheers Gary
Ps not meant for Miskin
Last edited by gary stenhouse on Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gary stenhouse
Superstar

Post by gary stenhouse »

Further to recent posts about me and my wings, then I would be happier if you keep these to yourself. It is neither good for me nor my family to hear these comments as they are not constructive but personal. If you really feel its necessary then pm me.
If the reason is because I have been flying dangerously to others and causing accidents to others then feel free to air your concerns.

Thanks again Gary
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

Oh dear, this post has degenerated into a slagging match, when all I wanted was some sound advice.
Come on chaps, buying a 2-3 doesn't have obligatory paranoia and reflex defense mechanism in the packet.
Thanks to everyone for their advice, I've tried to listen and put aside the natural human instinct of only hearing what you want to hear, (but probably not managed very well) and I'm now sorted.
The kit is well spread across the north of England, but I've got enough to keep me flying, only a helmet to go, so please excuse the silly Gath windsurfing helmet for a little while.
I would like to say some huge thank you's so please stay with the post for a while.
As they say, in no particular order;
1. To everyone who offered and loaned me kit in difficult times.
2. To Steve Giles and the Sick and the Wrong; for advice and offers.
3. To Kitt Rudd; for advice and offers.
4. To Alex Colbeck; for advice and offers
Please support these guys, they have been absolutely tremendous to me in everything they have said and done and I suppose it is only sticking with a brand that eventually helped me make a decision.
If ever I need more equipment, I know who's door I'll be knocking on.
Thanks again guys.
(clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap)
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
AlastairW
Regular

Post by AlastairW »

So you are getting a Sigma Brian???
It is sad to measure your life in terms of hours flown...... but even sadder not to.........
Kay
Chatty

Post by Kay »

Hi Brian we have two good condition Full Face Helmets...Which ever one fits is yours if you want it..I will bring them along to the Christmas Meet...

ps..I LOVE our forum :home: :home: :home:
30m Breaststroke
Cookery MVQ level 1
ron freeman
Seasoned
Full Name: Ron Freeman CFI

Positive..

Post by ron freeman »

Gary, my points were positive !

Steve, the advice I was giving to Mahoney was to make sure he new where the engine kill switch was and he didn't know ! I'm surprised you never said anything to me at the time...
Maximise your time & dosh do both Hanggliding & Paragliding :)
gary stenhouse
Superstar

Post by gary stenhouse »

ron to be honest i nevery fully read your post as i was reading with read mist after gordy's post. there is sometimes when things get wrote that can get you so angry, you just loose it. and probably the best thing to do is take deep breaths walk away and post later.

bring on the flying weather and a nice new pg wing for you to fly glide of 9.6 and thats from the german magazine highest . and at a price you can just fly at the coast.

cheers gary
Fingers
Regular

Re: Positive..

Post by Fingers »

ron freeman wrote:Gary, my points were positive !

Steve, the advice I was giving to Mahoney was to make sure he new where the engine kill switch was and he didn't know ! I'm surprised you never said anything to me at the time...
`

Ron it was just a humours observation, the fact you might have offered advice is unimportant. Never let the facts get in the way of a joke, to my twisted and warped mind there was a classic case of someone telling evil Knievel how to ride his bike just as hes lined up, engine running ready to jump 100 buses. But your right it would have been nice to share the joke with you at the time.
Everything in moderation, including moderation.