My yellow epsilon

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

brian day
Regular

My yellow epsilon

Post by brian day »

If anyone sees my yellow epsilon or my gin bobcat for sale anywhere can you let me know please.
After returning from a surf yesterday in South Wales I discovered my nice new van and contents were missing. The contents included all my paragliding stuff among a lot of other things. I'm not a happy chap.
It's not a nice feeling being hundreds of miles from anyone you know in a wetsuit witha surfboard under your arm! Currently in Manchester awaiting the final part of the retrieve, no phone, no clothes, no money etc.
I don't think the insurance will cover the cost of the equipment I've lost, so unless I can get it back I don't think I will be flying again, so please keep your eyes peeled.
cheers,
Brian
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
Bradleisure
Chatty

Post by Bradleisure »

Hi Brian,

Very sorry to hear of your head ache!

If it's of any help in the meantime until you get sorted I have a FreeX Vaxin (DHV2) in medium I think (will check), that's not getting a lot of use (quite happy using a lot of bar on the AVAX at the moment).

Ring or PM me if your interested (You know you are).

You're house contents insurance may cover the loss (though possibly not in entirety) if the kit is not found?

I'm sure the NHPC or other free flyers out there may have a harness etc. for a stricken fellow pilot.
Fly Safe & Fly Far ;)
AlastairW
Regular

Post by AlastairW »

Really really sorry to hear your tale of woe Brian.

The really sad thing is they will probably just ditch the wing as being worthless.

If you have difficulties with the insurers let me know.
It is sad to measure your life in terms of hours flown...... but even sadder not to.........
Bradleisure
Chatty

Post by Bradleisure »

See the cavalry is coming already! :)

The Vaxin is actually a Large with weight range 85-110Kg (you may need some Ballast and to hope the Harness someone has to lend is a big heavy pod). :idea:

http://www.freex.com/index.php?id=117

Had everything checked over at Aerofix (to check for stresses) either the end of last year or the beginning of this, and can't have used it more than a couple of times since. :oops:

Whilst checking the size and un-concertinaing it made a lovely crinkling sound like new. Really haven't used it much at all (just as well I got it at a massive discount as stock clearance). :roll:
Fly Safe & Fly Far ;)
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

I wish you had rang Brian I'm sure we could have got you home. What a bunch of bastards.
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach
Full Name: Colin Keightley

Post by colin keightley »

when you hear about wales its always about its appearance since ive started this sport ive heard nothing but in wales you get your car pinched,burnt out, hanggliders held to randsom or stolen.

Really sorry to hear of your misfortune brian bastards need their hands chopping off.
If Acro was easy they'd call it Cross Country

07824 554735
Livetrack24: Colinkeightley
GlennP
Regular

Stolen

Post by GlennP »

Sorry to hear about your van and gear Brian. Bastards!

Hope you get the stuff recovered soon.

All the best ,Glenn.
antobaird
Mingling

Post by antobaird »

No second chance for the bastards when I come to power. And no, I wouldn't give a ***k about their 'uman rights either.

I've got a Flytec 4005 vario + velcro mount which you could borrow - to go with the Tony's FreeX

Just let me know if you are interested.
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

theres a genie3 in the garage and also mad dog has my old harness with hankechief reserve and i have a few other goodies though never got my last harness and reserve back.

put up adverts on skyads and pg forum so hopefully will get something back.

i must say we were just talking about this the other day on if you needed a car where to look and find the keys.

lets just hope it all turns up though brian did say he will not be going xc on his surfboard again as it is much harder to get a lift

cheers gary
Chris L
Regular

Post by Chris L »

Brian........I've got a Supair Profeel and Randonise harness you can use anytime you want as well as a Bobcat to borrow. Don't stop flying theres enough people with gear to keep you up in the sky until you get sorted which I'm sure you will.
Feel the fear and do it anyway!
Kay
Chatty

Post by Kay »

:( Brian..Thats awful ..I know how you must feel. Paul & I had EVERYTHING stolen quite a few years back , all our windsurf kit wet suits cameras etc etc..Including the car ..which was'nt ours !..Bring back the death penalty !

Anyway..We have loads of spare Kite Boards etc etc..Bits and bobs you are more than welcome to use just give a shout.

Also today I have just ordered for dad & I
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Frostfire-Moonc ... -1-catcorr

I know Anto has used one of these for a long time, it looks very secure.
30m Breaststroke
Cookery MVQ level 1
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

the lock looks very nice so i have just had a word with my insurers and it so happens she is going to see the underighters to9mmorow and find out wether this type of lock comes with insurance aproval.

i will let you know there reply as this could be a bit of a lesson to us all when leaving the keys.
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

Hi everyone, thanks for all the kind offers. I spoke to my insurers today and gave them the crime number, they say they will be back to me within 48 hours, I have my fingers crossed, but expect the worsed.
My keys were in the original version of this lock, which incidentally didn't have the disclaimer at the bottom of the advert. http://store.magicseaweed.com/Keypod/Item/72/
The only secure fastening on the van meant that the pod was in direct view, so I chose to hide it under the back bumper out of view. I will have to see if it meets the requirements of my insurer, if not, perhaps a solicitor may be able to help persuade them?
I'm not home yet, so don't know if my house insurance will cover any of the equipment loss, but again, fingers crossed. Be home Friday afternoon, so no doubt will see you all soon. Ofcourse my iphone was in the van, so don't have any contact numbers anymore. I think that was the worst part, trying to remember a phone number in all the confusion, because Julie was at her sisters and no one was at home and the sister in laws phone number was just not in my memory.
When it's all over I'm sure I will look back and see the funny side.
The police even offered to take me to Bridgend an get me on a train,,,,,in my wetsuit, with my surfboard!!!!
Yes sir, change at Birmingham Newstreet and catch the connecting train to Manchester on platform 3, then get the metro to Congleton and when your wife meets you there, she can pay the fare!
Go on, smile you've got to.
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
GlennP
Regular

stolen

Post by GlennP »

Brian that sounds like one hell of a day!

Try home contents insurance for the stuff not covered by your motor vehicle insurance. There is usually legal expenses cover included if you have to engage one of m' learned friends to help you out unless you know someone who could act pro bono.

Had a big Ebay clearout recently so not got much stuff left to offer except an old edel instument pod if it doesnt get snapped up at the club auction it's yours. If I get a new wing soon you could loan the old Bolero but sounds like you have many better offers wing wise.

I'm off next week if you need a hand ferrying stuff around.

Glenn
bill-scott
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

Post by bill-scott »

hi Brian
sorry to hear about your bad luck I to have a spare wing your welcome to borrow its a medium artax 85 - 105kg.
I hope the bastards try to fly your wing and break there necks
I HATE COMPUTERS
crook_101
Chatty

Post by crook_101 »

Sorry to hear of your misfortune Brian.

I have visited Wales a number of times and the first time I visited, I had my car broken into and loads of stuff stolen.

Since then, every time I go my first stop is always at a petrol station over the border where I buy one of those stupid Cymru external stickers and a red dragon or some other leek eating POS stickers that goes onto my windows. I have yet to have my car broken into with these stickers in place. The biggest shock was once I returned to a rough layby in Pen y Pass where 5 or 6 cars & vans has been broken into, except for the two showing a "leek eating sticker".

Hope this eases the pain for any future visits.

I will caveat this by saying not all of the Welsh are thieves in the same way that not all pikeys are tax avoiding, pensioner robbing bar stewards :roll:

crook_101
milleboy
Chatty

Post by milleboy »

Looking at some of the anti welsh sentiment posted on here I hope you take the stickers of when you get home.... :)
Aviation Consultant.......
Advance, Nova, Gin, Airwave, Ozone, Flytec, Sup Air, Woody Valley, Kortel..............................the list is endless!