Gary Porter Trophy or highest placed 1-2 Glider

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

John Wallis
Seasoned

Gary Porter Trophy or highest placed 1-2 Glider

Post by John Wallis »

It looks like the best pilot flying a 1-2 is still wide open with quite a few pilots jockying for position, I don't think Jim is safe yet 8)
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

Yes things all look like the 1-2 class is in the bag then the big guns come inn. Looking back to my early days I pulled the clough head run off on the 2nd october2005 after only 6months of flying so there is still a few weeks of open xc to go. Then there is some 30k ridge runs posible so there still a long way to go. Makes an exiting end to the xc season for those in the 1-2 class for me I need a cu nimb and angels to beet gutherie and chris but as I was. Handicapped due to injuries then next. Year for me

by for now on the train to London
cheers gary
Jim Bittlestone
Regular

Post by Jim Bittlestone »

Ive been thinking about what mad dog said, its not about the miles its about the cwmradwrie. Theres a good number who have this right, bill scott -3 1/2hrs, john watson 3 1/2 hrs, theres plenty more doing it too. I got 53mins on sunday with a difficult hitch back. Lets stay on the hill from now on, get our monies worth and easy drive to the pub with friends?
I dont mind taking the trophy this time, someone elses turn next year? I know whos having the most fun and it aint me.
Claire Smith
Mingling

Post by Claire Smith »

Gary - I’d just like to say that Emma obviously shares her father’s expensive tastes!! The trophy she found in the US is bronze and costs $2,500.
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

Lets stay on the hill from now on
Yeah right!
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
Jim Bittlestone
Regular

Post by Jim Bittlestone »

:angel: :oops: