Kitt and Cav rock the joint!!!!!!!!

A section of our forum for CSC, NYSC and DHPC

Moderator: Club Moderators

gordie
Regular

Kitt and Cav rock the joint!!!!!!!!

Post by gordie »

O.K. hot off the press.............. After a phone conversation this afternoon with an excited Kitt, who at that point was well and truly tripping out on the happy vibe. And after a text to the Cavster I can confirm Kitt landed 140ish K's down wind of Brigster at Pickering, with Mike running out of land at Filey south of Scarbourgh around 160 K's or in old money around the hundred mile mark. Track logs have yet to be down loaded and there may be a small airspace issue, but nothing can sum up what a brilliant flying achievement this is by two local lads. You make be proud to be Cumbrian and proud that your CSC pilots.
Sad Northerner
Regular

Post by Sad Northerner »

Hey I saw em when I was near Charlton!!!!

I tried to fly over to them but Flyingdales airspacewas getting in the way.

Ali
Misk
Regular

Post by Misk »

Fantastic fights guys - and our NHPC boys too!

You can fly through HITRAs (although it might not be good for you) so I hope thats not the problem your worried about?
Sad Northerner
Regular

Post by Sad Northerner »

Aye.

Thought about it but Faye wants a little brother or sister for Lilyrose. Next time I'll rap me nads in tinfoil and I'll be able to horse straight through.

Ali
Kitt Rudd
Chatty

Post by Kitt Rudd »

I will not be making any claim as I crossed one of those nasty invisible lines while changing batteries on one of my instruments. If I hadn't it would have been 139.6km straightline or 148km via turnpoints.
Still the complete trip took me from Brigsteer to Scotch Corner (declared goal) then across to the North York Moors and Flyingdales (which I chose to avoid and ultmately got decked in the process). landing at 15.00 the day was far from over . could see the humber in the distance and was trying to make that my landing spot. The return journey was back via York , Leeds, Manchester, Preston and I still get home in time to put the kids to bed. A great day regardless of the infringement.

Kitt
Air-Play Serving the Lake District, Northumbria and Scotland.
Agents for Gradient, Digifly Instruments, and Ava Sport Harnesses & Reserves 07811642533
Checkout the new Digifly Air (coming soon)http://air-play1.blogspot.com/
Jim Bittlestone
Regular

Post by Jim Bittlestone »

Fantastic flight kitt, you and your batteries! You need to get sponsored by energizer? At least you had the forethought to put some spares in your pocket. Mine are way deep in the back cargo pocket. A lesson learnt.
Looks like all the hot jocks were flying well on saturday. :P
Loving the wing.
Cheers
Jim
Kitt Rudd
Chatty

Post by Kitt Rudd »

Using rechargables are great but it does mean I am generally less prepared as I know it takes just enough time to do a recharge in the car while traveling the short distance from my house to the launch at brigsteer. And although I had spares in my pocket rumaging in ones pockets to find the spares then the screw driver, and then complete the exchange is something I should not be needing to do - However I am becoming quite skilled at doing this -This is the fourth time I have completed this operation. Still proper preparation is the key to doing the bigger flights - so is have your wallet. Train retrieves are very good (though expensive) had the foresight to leave a car in the layby next my local station though.

Chuffed for you Jim on your great flight - Watch out it is addictive. I saw you guys on Cross fell and was wishing you all a good day. Likewise I caught sight of what I now know was Ali escaping the Dales. Nice one m8.
Air-Play Serving the Lake District, Northumbria and Scotland.
Agents for Gradient, Digifly Instruments, and Ava Sport Harnesses & Reserves 07811642533
Checkout the new Digifly Air (coming soon)http://air-play1.blogspot.com/