Just rambling...Two

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

MadDog
Chatty

Just rambling...Two

Post by MadDog »

That’s it, another bank holiday over, and what did I get?
Squat!
Retrieve driver again, for two, one thermal wonders….{Not Chris Foz)
Chris is a proper pilot!
Rent a lackey, for the undeserved.
Bus driver for the mentally retarded.
Unpaid chauffer to pretendy pilots, not one of them fit to hold Wendy Patterson’s front rigging wires….
And do you know what?...No, what?
From a distance, Wendy looks like hairdresser, but as you get closer you realise that she is a proper pilot……whereas from a distance Brian and Gary look like pilots but as you get closer you realise that they really are, only a pair of hairdressers,
Have you seen the nail polish on their brake lines?
Gary I can forgive, having so many women swooning over you can be an awful distraction {as we all know). And that tee shirt with “Look…But don’t touch” barely does its job at the best of times……always being ripped off (Like his customers)
Brian, on the other hand, I would expect better of
It didn’t take him long to forget that speech….that famous speech that he made when we first elected him as chairman…….Hands on lapels, big cigar…….
“We shall fly them into ditches, and we shall fly them into fences, and we shall fly them into Alston, and we shall fly them into Garragill…..We shall never surrender…”
And how about the people of Garrigill?.....they must have thought it was raining gliders on Sunday…..some thought it was just like Wednesdays….That’s the day that the trash gets put out.
But you have got to admit it, Its not so far to go from there to the Cumberland, for that delightful plate of Chicken and mushroom pie, a swift pint, a place in the sun for those of God’s children who deserve it, Friendly banter at the end of another day of unfilled promise…If that’s how you might see it.
Some day soon, it might become my turn to put a good flight into the cross country league….Anything can happen…and everything is available in this life……
In your head!
Why complain? No one listens….and I really shouldn’t complain, cos, at the end of the day I got in some good flying….swapping slipstreams with Jim, and Glen, The new double act on the board….their flying was so much better than their pie shop quips…flyingwise they should go far…..as for the double act?….bit more practice…and don’t give up the day job just yet!
Another ramble over….They are only words after all…You can’t take them with you….which only reminds me of the visit we made to the War graves, in the cemetery near Kirknewton the other week, just before we had the good flying at Watson’s secret site…You should pop in there someday when you are passing,and ponder some.
Among the neat rows of headstones, all for pilots in their twenties, Some from Canada.....these lovely words;
“Until the daybreak, and the shadows flee away"
Done it for me!
Last edited by MadDog on Tue May 26, 2009 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lanceg
Chatty

Post by lanceg »

Still laughing John - you should write a book - please!
Fingers
Regular

Post by Fingers »

Interesting it is to look at this before and after photo;

The new guys to paragliding looking fresh,.... happy,....full of "MMmm Danone", I will stop at hansom, I have seen one of the close up mug shots.

The "not so new" guys however, haggard,.... knackered,..... and full of broken promise.

Now if there was ever a post that needed moving to the private room 101 then this is it, not a good advert for the sport. Come on guys, posture, posture, at least Brian Day managed to call on the stock pose, perfected over those many thousands of school photos which adorn many a mantle.
Everything in moderation, including moderation.