"I guess I'll have to think it out again"

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

MadDog
Chatty

"I guess I'll have to think it out again"

Post by MadDog »

I don’t feel like writing much….but JW tells me that my day in the Freeman Hills needs to be brought into public view…..I suppose I can write first and then hang myself later so here’s the sordid story……
What prodigal did next sort of….
I convinced Brian…our much loved chairman, to listen to his elders, and betters and go with me to Hepburn wood….and there I was at his door as promised at 09.30 hours…and still there at 10.00 hours while he and Julie entangled their tongues out of each others throats…..You would never believe that he’s been married now for forty years and counting….
Now…..can you beat old fashioned love or can you beat old fashioned love?
Off to West hill….windy….too windy, …..
Hi Ho….off we go up through the three gates too Hepburn Wood….Humped across, then up….wind across the face…so its about face…..Coffee in the Powburn café….and meet Chris , Alan, and Steve….. Bob, and the two new lads had left…..Back up to West hill…..Blown out….
You can see a pattern here, can’t you?
Lets try Linbriggs……mount up…Move ‘em out.
Up the rough track to the halfway shoulder of Linbriggs and across to the face…
Spot on….right up the flute…..but no…..everything was right, but something was wrong…..this is Northumberland after all………25 MPH….
So after all is said and done, and you have tried your level best, you have run around like you had invented it, you have tried to ignore the phone call that told of wonderful flying on Millers Leap, and now you have just got to bite the bullet, accept what should have been obvious even before you left home ….
And what might that be?
I will let you answer that yourselves!
I have a rope waiting for me.
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

Hi John this is Julie JWs wife (out of my cage cos its Christmas) can I just ask you how long you have known me ? How many years has my husband been flying? and also how many times has he come back from the Cheviots ( sorry now known as the Freemans) in a good mood after a fantastic day out flying there well having been a long suffering pilots wife for 25+ years I can honestly say I can count the number of times on one hand! "It was not hya darlin had a great day" but "what a waste of time I'm not going there any more"
I'm not condemning the Cheviots ( sorry the Freemans ) but if I can apply the law of averages I can say bad moods certainly outweigh the good moods whenever he goes North.

Hope you enjoyed your birthday and your cake :)

lots of love Julie Wallis xx
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
Bradleisure
Chatty

Post by Bradleisure »

I love the eloquence and literary skill of these posts, :o I must admit though they make me a little sad, :cry: though give me a good chuckle at the same time. :D

There's a chance, a slim one mind, that tomorrow could offer more of the same, no even better! And there's a possibility of a retrieve driver lurking? :idea:

See you ALL on THE RIDGE I hope. :)

They told me it was put there to keep Gerodies out. :oops:
Fly Safe & Fly Far ;)
Neil
Chatty
Full Name: Neil Smith

Post by Neil »

Sounds like a good day for the stiffies in the Cheviot's. John you bat for both sides were was your weapon. come back Gary I hear you cry. :wink:
never waste a hard on and don't trust a fart
Fingers
Regular

Post by Fingers »

I have said it before, and I had it worked out after 6 months. Fishing without the tins, no matter where you go.

Its all about who you walk with into uncertainty that matters, as the only certantly is that it is uncertain your getting your feet off the ground. What can be certain however is you may enjoy the company you encounter.

Expect nothing, come home with a light heart and good manner, and the possibility you pissed your self laughing at some point.

Some of the best times I have been out flying, I never got my feet off the ground. But I never gave a shite about "it was this big" even when going fishing.

24 gear boxes from east hill
Everything in moderation, including moderation.
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

I can say bad moods certainly outweigh the good moods whenever he goes North.
Now there is a comment on a man that is not in harmony with his soul. One that is can always find happiness in his life.
What a beautiful day we had, the views, the snow, visiting a new site and fantastic company.
Good days are not measured by every second in the air, but by the experiences of life that you encounter.
Thoughts of winning focus the mind on being a looser.
So what will tomorrow bring? Well for sure a soul session at dawn, 7.30 at a local reef with a 5ft 9 second swell, and what then? Who knows, another great day to be alive, for sure. 8)
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
Fingers
Regular

Post by Fingers »

Look on the bright side, it could be worse, see here John;

http://www.nhpc.org.uk/nhpc/viewtopic.php?t=4525

These have had just as crap a time of it, if not far worse, depending how you look at it. But it just goes to show you, if you make the right phone call, you can be dragged around the most shitty of circumstance and still end up with a smile on your face. Or are these people just bonkers, and its just as well there domain is the arse end of some frozen hill side away from the rest of society, I don't know?

But hey, you gota love those care in the community lot, they do a good job.
God love ya, pleased you all had a good time.

Health, happiness, prosperity and a new bus for this new year
Everything in moderation, including moderation.
ron freeman
Seasoned
Full Name: Ron Freeman CFI

John Miller

Post by ron freeman »

Bet you wished to took your hanggider John, never mind good company, beautiful views and the thought of what might have been !
Maximise your time & dosh do both Hanggliding & Paragliding :)
Dave Hume
Chatty

Post by Dave Hume »

Amazingly with a forecast of very light winds we got out of the car at Tailbridge to find it blowing 20mph. Very nice hang gliding over the snowy landscape, but one of the coldest flights I can remember.

Happy New Year all

Dave