Check before launching!!!

All manner of video's that have been edited and created by the NHPC members

Moderator: Club Moderators

Bradleisure
Chatty

Check before launching!!!

Post by Bradleisure »

Horrific but maybe we can all learn from it. :???:

Check the air before you launch regardless of the site!!!

And throw sooner rather that later, it might of made a difference?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH6lDdbrZ-4
Fly Safe & Fly Far ;)
gordie
Regular

Post by gordie »

You tube is full of many macabre videos like this one if you wish to find them, god knows what motivation people have in posting them. For my point of view I have no wish to watch such things and do not want to be guided towards them through this or any other forum, I stopped watching this one as soon as I saw the title announcing it was a fatal accident.

Please Tony keep these horrors to yourself in future, and let people if they wish to watch such sick videos find them for themselves.

Personally I prefer to watch 10 minutes of you preparing to land! Some editing would not go a miss on your own videos. :wink:
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

as horrific as it is it has been on the pg form for weeks now, infact i wold say befor the body was cold. one thing that is for sure from all acounts is dont have a bad accident at babadag, as there is a lot less chance of srvival due to the logistics and medical.

i do find it taistless yet i am drawn to such videos due to curiosity, it also seems that so many pilots choose to scare them selves by watching such things. not sure if its a survival thing to remind yourself how dangerous this sport can be
ron freeman
Seasoned
Full Name: Ron Freeman CFI

learn from it..

Post by ron freeman »

Sad but very good material for showing how quick things can go wrong !!!

Tony did say 'Horrific but maybe we can all learn for it' if you don't want to watch it don't click on it.

The hanggliders & paragliders that we all fly, quite a few brilliant pilots have lossed their lives developing and testing these wings to make them better and much safer for us to fly....when I fly I do think of these pilots quite a lot 8)
Maximise your time & dosh do both Hanggliding & Paragliding :)
Bradleisure
Chatty

Post by Bradleisure »

Sorry if this post was taken as in bad taste.

There are lots of this type out there which was no the point of the post.

The reason for posting this was I have seen a couple of times this year (and been on the recieving end once) of people ground handling in the take off landing area on top of the hill.

I felt this might remind people to have good etiquite and check what's around them when on the ground as well as in the air.

PS Yes a bit of editing on my own attempts wouldn't go a miss. :oops:
Fly Safe & Fly Far ;)
Bradleisure
Chatty

Post by Bradleisure »

to be clear I'm pretty sure it was not a member of NHPC.

As this is one of the most active forums I thought it might be good to post here.

Thinking I'm pleased I didn't post it in the beginner section!
Fly Safe & Fly Far ;)