Captain Cook's Monument

A section of our forum for CSC, NYSC and DHPC

Moderator: Club Moderators

ron freeman
Seasoned
Full Name: Ron Freeman CFI

Captain Cook's Monument

Post by ron freeman »

A very upset Andrew Lee (Sec North Yorks Club) rang me today with regards to two pilots (NHPC members) who landed (PG) in the wrong field at the bottom of Captain Cooks monument flying site ! then seen climbing over the fence.

Andrew pointed out that if NHPC members are going to fly North Yorks sites on a regular basis they must join the club and read the club sites guide.

Gary Stenhouse & Ali Guthrie, I would suggest you contact Andrew a.s.a.p. to clear things up.
Maximise your time & dosh do both Hanggliding & Paragliding :)
Mike Brown
Regular

Post by Mike Brown »

Hi Ronnie,
Capt. Cooks is not a formal NYPC club site and never has been. However the club do rightly publish some site notes in the online site guide but there is no mention of which, if any, fields are the ones to use if bottom landing at Cookies so I hardly see how they can be in the wrong with the club if the club can't publish the correct info. I can understand if a farmer has got upset because they have landed in his field without permission but that's nothing to do with the club. Maybe farmers phone number and a quick telephone apology may be in order but explaining that the NYPC are not putting out important info!!
Cheers
Mike
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

to clear the matter up yes we did have an incident with a angry lady farmer, and the very next day i rang andy to let hime no why we landed where we did.

we actualy landed in the field behind next to the car park, the reason for this is that a member from down there said that this was the field we could land in. obviusly wrong info and so i rang andy the very next day to let him know that people thought that you could land there.

the reason i believe andy rang to let you know about this was to put a post on the forum to outline where and where not to land at cookies. as andy had already spoke to me and was not angry but surprised that this was thought to be a landing field.

i have just spoke to andy and i told him that i would relay the info as to the site rules or should i say the do's and don'ts.

cheers gary
Mike Brown
Regular

Post by Mike Brown »

Rather than Ronnie surely the first thing to do is make sure their own site guide is correct and putting out important info?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
00)
bill-scott
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

Post by bill-scott »

About a year ago Wendy and myself had a run in with avery angry and agressive female landowner we had been trying to fly back to the car park but couldnt make it and landed in the field to the left as you drive up she hadent seen me at first and really had a go at Wendy when I stepped in with my best diplomatic head on explaning that we haddent originally planned to land there but she wasnt having any of it the field had no stock and no crop she was just a very nasty piece of work after she left another farmer turned up who was her neighbour had seen what was happening he appologised for her behaviour and asked us not to think everyone down there was like that he then went on to tell us about all the problems he was having with this very aggresive family so I think the moral of the story is keep out but if you cant pack up quick and run unles you want a fight
I HATE COMPUTERS