Flying Monday

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

Neil
Chatty
Full Name: Neil Smith

Flying Monday

Post by Neil »

My thoughts are weather fell.
Does any body with aclue have any idea were to fly on monday? :???:
never waste a hard on and don't trust a fart
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

thinking of taken up kniting as he amount of time i spend standing around at least i could be doing something.

clough head if thats blown out lowca at least you have 2 chances. i will wait untill the morning ad see what the bbc is telling me tonight. i have a eeling it coud be blown out again but wes is best and clough is hanglidable and i know it well

cheers gary
gary stenhouse
Superstar

Post by gary stenhouse »

bbc has been updated and i would say the lakes is the best bet as it gets lighter the further west you go. whitehaven is given 15mph nw and keswick is given 14nw and sunny so i would say clough could be flyable but more so on a hanglider?

what do you think mr batey after all this is your terrirory/

cheers gary
Pete Batey
Chatty

Post by Pete Batey »

gary stenhouse wrote:bbc has been updated and i would say the lakes is the best bet as it gets lighter the further west you go. whitehaven is given 15mph nw and keswick is given 14nw and sunny so i would say clough could be flyable but more so on a hanglider?

what do you think mr batey after all this is your terrirory/

cheers gary
Yes, I'm a little less optimistic than I was earlier on. I'm sure it will be flyable at clough but it might be a tad rough. I'd prefer to see the BBC or XC weather forecast say about 12mph, but wouldn't we all! Steve eth and I will be gearing up for a flight. I'll post a report of how things look in the morning. I certainly think the wind will be howling at wether fell.
Pete
RonDon
Regular

Post by RonDon »

Me thinks I will head of to the lakes best chance up until 4-ish

RonDon :idea: :idea:
Everyone who lives dies, yet not everyone who dies, has lived. We take these risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping us ...
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

Checking around the sites I think stepping in rocking horse sh!t would be more likely than have a flight today in the north. :cry:
thinking of taken up kniting as he amount of time i spend standing around at least i could be doing something.
Yesterday was fine, few hours skiing, few hours snowboarding, an hour kite skiing and topped off with 2 hours surfing a nice meal and a bottle of red wine to take away the aches and pains. Not too often you can ski and surf on the same day! :P 8)
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
gary stenhouse
Superstar

Post by gary stenhouse »

heading for clough with hg in mind taken both gliders and pg as you never know depart 9.30 if any updates required
Pete Batey
Chatty

Post by Pete Batey »

STOP PRESS!
Looks like NNW. It might be my imagination but it might be dropping. Game on!
Pete
Pete Batey
Chatty

Post by Pete Batey »

peterbatey wrote:STOP PRESS!
Looks like NNW. It might be my imagination but it might be dropping. Game on!
Pete
I think it's my imagination! :???:
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

More stop press!

Just walked the dog in the Tyne Valley and got caught in a blizzard! The Hex continues :evil:
Pete Batey
Chatty

Post by Pete Batey »

It's snowing here!!!!! :x
gary stenhouse
Superstar

Post by gary stenhouse »

stop press i made the move had a nice out and return to wolf craggs and then had a diversion over vindolanda and guess what the mad dog was calling me a whimp the whole time. as according john cunimbs power lines and walls and of course 30mph winds is just an escuse not to fly.
all i can say that it's been one of my best longweekends in a long time £70 pounds of diezel 2 wet gliders and no flying it doesn't get much better.

all i can say is wallace get your arse back in the saddle and stop whimping about as all this shite flying is doing my head in.
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

all i can say is wallace get your arse back in the saddle and stop whimping about as all this shite flying is doing my head in.
Bloody hell and it continues check the charts for this week...........

http://www.meteonet.nl/aktueel/brackall.htm
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

all i can say that it's been one of my best longweekends in a long time £70 pounds of diezel 2 wet gliders and no flying it doesn't get much better.
And another good days surfing, you've just got to know where to find a nice little sheltered secret spot! 8)

You'll have to spread your options a little more Gary for a full and exciting life style, or be like John and buy yourself a dog to walk! (toivo)
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
gordie
Regular

Post by gordie »

Broaden your horizons and don't get hung up on flying, instead load the car with all the toys you can fit in. Yesterday the locals in the know went snow kiting and had a great day up on Clough.

The snow in the Lakes is currently in great nick with the tow on Raise running all week:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/raise_up_dated_pics/

Off up there again today snow kiting up from the Clough and poss speed flying back down again.

Any one interested then feel free to call for any advice 07830281986. Anybody wanting to learn to snow kite then I will give lessons for my if you cross my palm with silver.......
Mikey Harper
Mingling

Post by Mikey Harper »

Ah, so I wasn't seeing things. I was driving towards Penrith and could see some suspicious looking things on top of Clough but was too busy avoiding caravans to get a good look.