LCC

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

bill-scott
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

LCC

Post by bill-scott »

When did the LCC open for entries :?: :?: :?:
i had a text message today from harry postil asking if I was taking part went to register and found its full and entries are closed :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
:x :x :x
looking at the entrants list cant see anyone from nhpc in the A comp and only gordon and graeme in the B
is there anyone else who has missed the boat :?: :?: :?: :?:
im pretty pissed off as look on this as the best weekend of the year
:x :cry: :x :cry:
I HATE COMPUTERS
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach
Full Name: Colin Keightley

Post by colin keightley »

Registration was opened on the 6th for CSC members and then for everyone else on the 20th as mentioned at the last club meeting.
If Acro was easy they'd call it Cross Country

07824 554735
Livetrack24: Colinkeightley
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

It would be interesting to know how many places were left after cumbria got theirs in

07824 554735
bill-scott
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

Post by bill-scott »

i knew about it being open to csc members first but didn't know about it being open to all until it was too late

im a bit pissed off having been to every event for about ten years now
and after last years scoring cock up I was promised a free entry this year

I have sent an e-mail to peter askew saying there were quite a few nhpc members that were disapointed and can we get our names on the reserve list

his reply:
Hi Bill,

Yes looks like the comps are full sorry. It's filled very quickly this year probably as a result of the venue and format change.

Ian, do we have a reserve list at the moment.

Bill, regardless of comp entry Wed live to see you guys there. Camping is available and whilst not a full blown Bash we will have food and drink available plus some interesting talks hopefully and the chance of a fun flying event on the Friday and/or the Monday. All for charity as usual.

Let me know if you want more info or keep an eye on our website FB etc

not sure if I would want to go just as a spectator :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I think they might be worried we could run off with all the prizes :lol: :lol:

:idea: Is there any other similar events on any where :?:
I HATE COMPUTERS
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

I think it's shocking they haven't reserved a space for you considering they promised you free entry. The last thing mentioned by CSC on Facebook was the 5th January when they reminded CSC members that their entry opened on the 6th, would have been nice for them to extend their courtesy to everyone else and reminded us on the 19th that it was open for entry on the 20th

07824 554735
bill-scott
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

Post by bill-scott »

I know its a bit of a bugger as`I really did look forward to the LCC
Im really pissed off
:cry: :cry: :cry:
I HATE COMPUTERS
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

Bill maybe you should start off a NHPC LCC why not?
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

post complaining you should of emailed on the 6th to jog the memories as I think its likely with all the changes they would of remembered.
I am sure that would of made a big difference its like the Chabre open if you snooze you loose as I should of booked on as I am a cumbrian member but was surprised how it got booked up so quickly as most years it does not seem to.

I will more than likely still go as Grasmere is a nice spot to be in for the weekend.
bill-scott
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

Post by bill-scott »

I know its a bit of a bugger as`I really did look forward to the LCC
Im really pissed off
in previous years it didn't open until about the end of march and you got an e-mail telling you about it

Ive sent another e-mail to the organizers asking if its a possibility to open it up to more entrants
this seems to be a very slim but only chance
I HATE COMPUTERS
gordie
Regular

Post by gordie »

Hay guys, sorry you missed the LCC. You may not have noticed but the CSC reduced the numbers of entrants by 20 which I suspect is a main reason for the comp filling fast.

However the Buttermere Bash will still be going ahead as normal, with a full sized charity comp attached. Jocky is going to captain the event with support from a number of top UK pilots. As we only found out about the LCC change the same time as everyone else it has taken us a little time to get organized. We are now finalizing everything and will be open for registration soon.

The comp will be on Fri/Sat 3/4th June. There will be and A & B comp class (50 in each) with coaching for a further 20. Camping available from Tuesday till Sunday with the usual world class acro display and party night on Saturday.

So I hope we will all come together as we do each year to enjoy some great flying and 'crack' in the most beautiful part of the Lake District. I've reserved the NHPC beach side camping zone and although I'm not in a position to offer Bill a free entry I will though offer him a free pint or 2!

Will be in touch in the next few weeks with final details, but for now please pass the word that the UK's biggest free flight gathering and comp are well and truly on!
ron freeman
Seasoned
Full Name: Ron Freeman CFI

Free entry Bill

Post by ron freeman »

bill-scott wrote:I know its a bit of a bugger as`I really did look forward to the LCC
Im really pissed off
in previous years it didn't open until about the end of march and you got an e-mail telling you about it

Ive sent another e-mail to the organizers asking if its a possibility to open it up to more entrants
this seems to be a very slim but only chance
Hi Bill, sad reading mate why don't you ask for your 'free entry' its their problem not yours :wink:
Maximise your time & dosh do both Hanggliding & Paragliding :)
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

Gordie I will be there as usual, some of our members were going to drop the buttermere bash as they thought that there wouldnt be an associated comp, I think they will be pleased to read your post.

07824 554735
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

all goo to me as would of been going as per usual as long as not dragged away. I still think th weekend will be just as good without the comp anyway as just stopping in the camp field is a privilege enough.

who know if I ever learn how to do my devices with waypoints I may get a prize :D

free entry its for charity just a shame you never emailed them soon as the the LCC was announced as I am sure they would have honoured your place.

its just like the chabre if your not quick then you wont get a place and even if you are quick you will be lucky :D :D
Sad Northerner
Regular

Post by Sad Northerner »

I'm driving down tonight with a headtorch, a handful of posts and some barrier tape to mark out the NHPC plot...... any takers for a lake side pitch?

Ali
He who feared he would not succeed sat still.

Do everything in moderation; except moderation which you should do to the MAX!!!
Aeros
Chatty
Full Name: Ed Cleasby

Post by Aeros »

Sorry you guys missed the entry ....... I was really surprised not to see NHPG names and thought you were all away that week. As task director for the A comp I have paid an entry but given up my place and added another five places due to demand.

Numbers are a tough one as from my side of the fence we have to consider safety, parking on our hills, what the hills can handle, how many I can handle before I go nuts etc. Our total has crept up to about the same as last year and is again all in at over 100.

Numbers for such comps are always very high .... they are popular. After attending all GWO's I missed out as the new criteria is towards pilots who have not attended before ...... 330 for 135 places. Many comps are going the same way.

Bill, don't know if I can help but if an arrangement was made to give you free entry then that sounds like something to honour. Give me a call or email to see if we can sort something out - if it's not your f ***in' tracklogs it's something else.
:D

However, (all) consider the BPC ...... a lot of fun and not far to travel. Alao consider our Cumbria Grudge Cup if you're a CSC member - and if you're really good you can join the south Lakes Weasels.
sedit qui timiut ne non succederet