Murton pike 207k triangle yesterday

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Murton pike 207k triangle yesterday

Post by gary stenhouse »

I see the peek district guys have discovered murton cross fell how do they do it ? Murton to other side of the cafe then all the way out to Penrith centre parks and back. Makes you feel like a bunch of losers when you see what we have achieved in all the years it's been flown
RonDon
Regular

Post by RonDon »

Gary. WE are on the, March, we are not humble to learn from others, That is the
quick way to do it. Haway the, Lads.-- Even so its looking like the, Bureaucrats have thrown my beautiful 'Delta 2" in the dust bin???
Last edited by RonDon on Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everyone who lives dies, yet not everyone who dies, has lived. We take these risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping us ...
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

That's some going !! Get your arm mended and beat it Gary !!
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
gordie
Regular

Post by gordie »

Go easy on yourselves guys as it was only a 60k triangle in the real world without that silly xc multiplier getting involved. You guys have done this flight many times just not pushed as far out west. I've only flown xfell once and said at the time it is prob the best site for out and return flights and triangles in the UK.
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

http://www.xcleague.com/xc/flights/20142131.html?vx=0

looked like it was a zero wind day or very light indeed nice flight but as you say gordy the multipliers do big them up a lot.

It seems that murton pike is the place to start judging by all big flights seem to start there or it could be the pilots also.
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

We can do that Gary we've done most of it at one time or another just not all together. Giz a job I can do that mister :)
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”