NS54

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

brian day
Regular

NS54

Post by brian day »

A huge thank you to Alistair, Paul an Kay for running an absolutely fantastic weekend. Thanks also to Tony for keeping the farmers happy, organising landing fields and car parking.
The orher clubs involved have sent their thanks and said how enjoyable the weekend has been.
Hope Alistair recovers quickly.
Well done to Dales who won the comp, followed by North Yorks then us, what a great turn out, superb to see everyone.
Well done to Gary for his flight today, I'm sure we will all get to hear about it in great detail.
More news later.
Pub an campsite way to good for any epic antics!!!!!!
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach
Full Name: Colin Keightley

Post by colin keightley »

I was told by Dave Evans (PSC) that although the flying wasn't epic the camping and pub was amazing, makes me even more gutted I couldn't make it this weekend
If Acro was easy they'd call it Cross Country

07824 554735
Livetrack24: Colinkeightley
John Wallis
Seasoned

New Cross Fell XC Record

Post by John Wallis »

http://www.nhpc.org.uk/nhpc/modules.php ... ghtID=5229

Well done Gary I'm dead chuffed for you....Not before bloody time though :)
Aeros
Chatty
Full Name: Ed Cleasby

Post by Aeros »

Yep ........ great w/e. Thanks from the Cumbrian contingent ...... now could you fix the weather for the LCC weekend too. Best wishes to Alastair ..... when you feel up to it I have a few pics of your take off and general flying ..... but have deleted the acro and less than perfect landing.

What was Gary doing flying "off task"? Good one Gary for tackling the moors over the back with that sky and wind (escaping!), I think you missed the sheep pens though .... shy you may be but I think it deserves a few words to describe a great looking flight.

Did someone really fly 126k from Eyam today yet never go above 1150'? That's impressive!! (flight deleted?)
Last edited by Aeros on Sun May 23, 2010 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sedit qui timiut ne non succederet
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

must echo what brian says and would like to thank brian payl kay and alistair. a lot of work and big sacrifices not flying when others are out there having fun . i think we had a great weekend even without the flying. i mean how oftern do you get 22dc at 9am? it was truly amazing weather and better than flying was the crack on the hill and the camawadari and for those who know i was going up like a shot cock at times.

lets hope we manage to get more weekends like this and can all enjoy the skies togeather.

sorry got no pictures of all thoose horrible looking walkouts

cheers gary
Neil
Chatty
Full Name: Neil Smith

Post by Neil »

nice one garry
never waste a hard on and don't trust a fart
GlennP
Regular

N54s

Post by GlennP »

Thanks to all the organisers for your hard work!

Speedy recover to Alistair.

Great flight Gary it did exactly what you said it would. You must have had a few of those Ginger hairs in your pocket!

Finally Neil that avatar is demeaning to women and an absolute disgrace to this club!

(light touch paper and stand well back :x )
You are only as good as your last flight........
milleboy
Chatty

Post by milleboy »

Well done Gary....

What's happened to Ali?

Steve
Aviation Consultant.......
Advance, Nova, Gin, Airwave, Ozone, Flytec, Sup Air, Woody Valley, Kortel..............................the list is endless!
chrisfozz
Regular
Full Name: chris foster

Post by chrisfozz »

get well soon Alistair.

Well Done Gaz, Epic
Jim Bittlestone
Regular

Post by Jim Bittlestone »

Get well soon Alistair, I'm sure you'll be straight back into it when you're fit.
Well done and thanks to all of the organisers, I only just got the day off but glad I made it.
Well done Gary too, good job I tied that speed bar on and not you cos you'd still be up there now :twisted:
Cheers
Jim
Mike Brown
Regular

Post by Mike Brown »

Yea whats happened to Ali?!!...or is this another one for the NHPC mustn't tell anyone top secret club?!!!
Bemused(again!!)
Mike
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

i think we are waiting for himself to post as it will not be long, i guess there is a lot of interest at the minute with recent acidents and just trying to keep a low profile from bad press

cheers gary
Mike Brown
Regular

Post by Mike Brown »

Ok thanks Gary.
GlennP
Regular

Ali

Post by GlennP »

Should we have a few words in the private section so people know what is going on?
You are only as good as your last flight........
AlastairW
Regular

Post by AlastairW »

Who is talking about me?
What are all of these rumours?
Merely because I choose the cheap route to a helicopter flight you would think something was wrong!

Have a look in private section
It is sad to measure your life in terms of hours flown...... but even sadder not to.........
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

I have had loads of emails from the other clubs thanking us for the weekend all saying how much they enjoyed the event and the area.
So again my huge thanks to all involved on the day, pilots and organisers alike and everyone that has been involved in any way at all in getting us to this point. (attending meetings, suggestions on the forum, PMs emails etc etc.)

We have now got a weekend a month too look forward to, hopefully we will get the weather AND the wind right for the rest.

We are currently lying third, thanks to the B Task pilots. So much for the 'good guys and gals' on the hot ships eh?
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach
Full Name: Colin Keightley

Post by colin keightley »

NS54 page has been updated anyone who has photos they would like to put on this page email them to me at neae@aviabird.net dont worry about sizes and stuff i'll sort that
If Acro was easy they'd call it Cross Country

07824 554735
Livetrack24: Colinkeightley
Billy
Mingling

Thanks

Post by Billy »

Just a thankyou to all that put their time and effort into organising and runing the event.

Well done to Gary for an awesome cross country and for the use of your van in you absence to rescue my son who had been advertently left at the top, oops!

Can I also add a well done to the handfull of people that managed to complete the task in hand in what I can gather must of been quite difficult conditions.

"Well done Guys n Gals"
Ouch! that hurt.
bdoub
Mingling

More "Thanks"

Post by bdoub »

Thanks to all the organisers. Great weekend.

Also thanks to Chris and Jan for allowing me to charge me phone in their camper and Ron for the ride to the top and the retrieve - whoever that was - much appreciated.