Wed 06-03-2007

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

Fingers
Regular

Wed 06-03-2007

Post by Fingers »

The Dogma chariot is off to XFell 9am

Miller :angel:

Fingers :devil:

And Stenhouse is confirming his status in the morning,...

To me the forecast is looking good, but what do I know? Its worth going for the crisp n pop lunch anyways.
Everything in moderation, including moderation.
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

well it looks like i should be able to get away early as i have cover at work. i start early so you can get me on the mobile just aafter 7 in the morning on 07890276630 so if you fancy a lift i more than lightly be at wicks at westerhope. meeting ron don at 9.30am at wicks :gu: :gu: :lek: :)) :))
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

You hungry bunch of barstuarts ...What about the workers?

Steve remember that long run to Crossfell and back to East Hill when the clouds were on the top and were big and nastie? You might be in for the same again tomorrow as there's low pressure everywhere. I think it'll start out gin (no pun intended) clear in the morning but bubble up with some big clouds.

But hey I hope you get a day out of it.
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
dave-mclaughlin
Chatty

Post by dave-mclaughlin »

Cross Fell? Never been there! I have a choice of calling the gas man in to fix the boiler, take the car to the garage to fix the heater, or go along to Cross Fell for a bit of flying.......

Hmmmmmm..... Cross Fell wins I think.

Is the access there still as per the site guide, or did things change recently? Seem to remember access problems for 4 wheel drives???
Don't want to park/drive in the wrong place........
Dave McLaughlin
Homo Sapiens Non Urinat In Ventum
John Wallis
Seasoned

xfell

Post by John Wallis »

Don't think it's changed much from the site guide. If you've got a 1/2 decent 4x4 you should get right to the top. The only bits to watch are near the bottom of the track just as you pass the stream with the little bridge as it's a little rough here. The next bit is near the top where there is quite a big rutt. Put your wheels in the correct place and you'll have no bother. We made it to the top a couple of weeks ago in an Audi A4 quatro which is "Hardly" an off road car.

Have a good day it's a brilliant site .

Regards

JW
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
dave-mclaughlin
Chatty

Re: xfell

Post by dave-mclaughlin »

John Wallis wrote:Don't think it's changed much from the site guide. If you've got a 1/2 decent 4x4 you should get right to the top.
It's an Nissan X-trail, which did reasonably well last time I took it on the muddy stuff. More importantly, it's a company car, so it doesn't matter if bits fall off!!
:eeeh: :sor:
Dave McLaughlin
Homo Sapiens Non Urinat In Ventum
Neil
Chatty
Full Name: Neil Smith

Post by Neil »

never cross the fell without a spare or some glue :blank:
never waste a hard on and don't trust a fart