Brazil update....again....

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

AlastairW
Regular

Brazil update....again....

Post by AlastairW »

Ever big eared down from 3500ft agl?

I did today..... What a depressing experience!

Another day of overdevelopment.... rain coming in from the North East and catching us up.

We took of early... aboiut 11:30. Good climb from TO to near base, then push out in front to the bend in the road.

1 to 2m/s sink.... not bad..... other gliders in front of me and lower.... all of them failig to find anything.... landing.... I was picking my landing field at about 200ft agl, when beep.... then another beep, and a slow constant stream of beeps......

Whoa.... the vario goes mad..... glider rocks back in a 6m/s climb. Small punchy and rough, crank it in and try and stick weith it this time. Dont look at the height.... its bad Karma.... just keep it in the core..... but i couldnt resist..... 1000ft climb, and things are smoothing out, thermal is still strong, but much easier to core. Take it all the way back to base.

Back above take off height,nearly back at base, in front of the others with a big black cloud above me. I was on the edge, but the others behin=d were right under it... after a couple of minutes jocky comes on the radio and says he wants everyone down..... bugger S***t and all the other expletives you could think of.

I was on a glide.... could see two gliders climbing in front of me from low down....

I went through them in big ears.....

Landed and they were still climbing,, but a few minutes later they cottoned on to what was happening, and joined me on the hillside.

Absolutley spot on call from Jock, but still bloody depressing.....

Went for lunch... three beers, and a platefull of steak..... £2.....

I am going to sleep it off now....