where is the big bad wolf

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

where is the big bad wolf

Post by gary stenhouse »

i thought i would be seeing the 200k xc files on by now? or at least some druiling rights ups hope all is going well out there and you have all the kitt back.

cheers gary
Fingers
Regular

Post by Fingers »

I am getting the od broken message coming though from what must be a morse code transmitter. Our agent must be in hiding and the rebels are closing in as communications are brief, broken and garbled.

................................. .............................................. .......................................... .................... .. . .. . -. .. - -. . . Wing not arrived - .--. .. ... .-.-.. ..- ..- . . Drunk on plain . ..- .- ..-- .--- .. .-- - . cant login with code. ..-.- .. ..- . --. ... --. are you there! ... - -- . .--. . .-- cant get to site ....-- .- --. .- .-- ..-. .-- trying to get though to Susan........................ .................................. ............................. ............................. ................................... ................................. ............................... .........................

We are taking it from these desperate plea's that the mission is not going to plan. We only hope that his training at the BAR will pay off and he will go into plan B. Sue, counter sue and talk in a mysterious language which is neither English nor Latin but some bizarre blend that only those in the know will know. Others need the Enigma-E Cypher Machine .

Our thoughts are with you Agent Wolfie, hang in there man the NHPC are with you all the way.
Everything in moderation, including moderation.
AlastairW
Regular

Post by AlastairW »

Hello from Brazil...... I havnt been ignoring you Gary.... Honest!

I just havnt been able to log on to the website, or even to get the computer connected to the Internet for the last couple of days.

Weather hasnt been to brilliant. The prevailing wind is a northerly, but for most of the week it has been blowing SE. Not strong, but enough to cause problems.

Anyway... I am about to go flying. I will try and post some more this evening.
AlastairW
Regular

Post by AlastairW »

Another day of overdevelopment...... withg wind again from the SE, blowing directly along the ridge.

Every day follows the same format.... up at 7:30, breakfast, load the truck and then drive to take off.... not disimilar to the drive up at Olu Deniz, although a little shorter.

We got to the top at 11:30 today to see storms of in the distance. It is amazing to watch the individual cells starting to rain, gives you a real appreciation of whjat is going on with the weather. The cloud cover (which had been on the top of the mountain) started to lift and breaK up slightly.

We eventually launched at 1:45, initially flying out and looking for lift.... then BOOM... everythingh started to go up..... I had big ears in at 4500ft still going up at 2m/s. Spiral, back to big ears, then spiral again...... it was to say the least a little intersting.

Made the landing field in the town, and joined in the local festival..... three beers later i managed to stagger back to the hotel.

Brazil is an incredibly cheap country.... beer less than 50p, a huge fillet steak with chips and rice £4, and friendly people. Well worth the trip.....!