committee meetings

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

for committee to take place prior to meetings so that meetings can be about social video talks

Poll ended at Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:56 pm

Committee meeting to run before the meeting or digitally with members to come along
11%
committee to have meetings at other times and only things that are of vallue and publicied or at social
89%
stay we are doing things meaning any social night get interupted because of lack of time
No votes

Total votes: 9

gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

committee meetings

Post by gary stenhouse »

please have a look and also give your thoughts to what you would like to happen at future club meatings
Sad Northerner
Regular

Re: committee meetings

Post by Sad Northerner »

Gary

I think the committee should meet indepently and be trusted to only refer to the club when necessary.

Club meetings should be for the benefit of members either in a social or development perspective.

Ali
He who feared he would not succeed sat still.

Do everything in moderation; except moderation which you should do to the MAX!!!
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

the reason this has been asked is i think with technology as it is most matters can be delt with prior to meetings.
this then leaves the evening to be a social event, where all been well we can get some sort of speaker in.

ali has done some great ones in the past on pilot development
anto has done some great ones about adventures to the pole
colin brought in the great video of Broad Peak
i think theres room for some good evenings or good meal and crack about flying
Lloyd
Chatty

Post by Lloyd »

I for one see no reason to hold the committee meetings separate from social meetings.
I only problem with the committee meetings is sticking to a strict time start and end times. If this can not be achieved then separate the two meetings.
Trevor Robinson
Regular
Full Name: Trevor Robinson

Post by Trevor Robinson »

My concern would be a lack of opportunity for direct participation by club members. I would be in favour of the committee meetings (short and to the point) starting before the regular meetings or informing the members when we meet. I am not sure many would come but its the opportunity thats important.
Digital is OK but not a replacement for some face to face