Buttermere bash and LCO was fantastic yet again

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Buttermere bash and LCO was fantastic yet again

Post by gary stenhouse »

Funny how people were put off going over based on the weather yet it rained through the night Thursday and stopped by friday morning.
We decided to make it a late start due to improving airmass and used buttermere moss as are launch pad. Jocky set a goal of reghead services near M6 about 33k. It turned out to be very hard to get away but in the end we all got away and 3 of us were within 7k of goal, though we all went quite different routes. Dangerous Dave's taken in most of the lakes to land at Barton myself at Mell fell just past and John Lewis must of scraped past me at some point. The next day was early start as high winds were expected so we used the south side of Latrigg and were all off by 11.00. Goal was set as 3k radius of Hexham but unfortunately all but 2 bombed at about 15k. However Phill Kew got just short of Hexham 72k and dangerous dave was somewhere near Whitfield. So very good task setting and very simple for most to just take off and fly. So a very pleasing result with Dave first me second and John Lewis 3rd. So very pleased to have entered and flew different sites and different routes all adding to experience of flying the lakes as never a easy place.

Would of been nice to have had a bigger NHPC crew at the bash as it was perfect weather but a bit too windy saturday night for the acro, but still great crack and a chilled time.