The frustration of paragliding

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

berow
Regular

The frustration of paragliding

Post by berow »

First time for me on a work trip to the Annecy area, and what excitement was brewing inside of me as only you pilots will know. Bags packed including glider of course, insurance purchased ( not cheap ) and the day dawned so climbing into the taxi I was that excited I could burst( 5:00am). This excitement was further stoked by an offer from a friend to stay with them in their chalet in Samoens with an offer to drive me to launch, oh the excitement was getting too much to handle. I climbed in the taxi for the airport with a tingle of anticipation. The flight to Amsterdam went without a hitch and when I checked the connecting flight to Geneva horror upon horror I read those dreaded words....FLIGHT CANCELLED. A quick check with KLM staff and my worst fears were realized, I wont be flying today. Next flight is at 9pm tonight! So there you go that sums up paragliding. Its extreme highs and extreme lows. The window of weather and meeting my friends was tight. I ended up doing a recce of the area for further expeditions but right now I am about to write up my compensation claim to KLM. Bugger........
Gordon C
Chatty

Post by Gordon C »

It's a tough sport in many ways, but if you get get a £ for every ounce of disappointment you felt :)

livetrack24 GordonC