Lost Words

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

MadDog
Chatty

Lost Words

Post by MadDog »

Well.....what a canny day we all had yesterday....a little bit of good flying clawed back out of an unpromising weekend......they say that you can't win them all....but....I think we won it yesterday....
I've said it before.....Clough Head, Cripple Hill, whatever you wish to call it....inevitably comes up with the goods...for all God's children prepared to wait for the sacrificial lamb to do its bit....and Gary was the chosen one.....Love it.....his feet no sooner touched mother earth, than the floodgates of lift opened wide....why ya bugger!
For Fuhrer,Volk, and Vaterland..
Well done that soldier!
I award that man the Iron Cross First Class
But you know....at the end of the day....after some good flying....reflecting..(as you do)...
I found myself kicking my own arse over the things that I could have done differently.......and then I realised that in reality everybody I had travelled with in the van, was doing the same..The body language was there....the haunted look in their eyes...the way they screwed the top off the poison bottle....the way they held the hunting knife to their belly's....little signs like that.....Loydd kicking his arse 'cos he'd left his phone in the van......Brian Nellist, kicking his arse cos he didn't fly for longer, and he still had to face the wrath of the missus when he got home... no matter what....Brian day, kicking his arse cos he landed near Grasmere when he could have probably gotton further.....Gary....kicking his arse, 'cos it's his favourite pastime....and people had flown further than him......
Little Chris, kicking his arse, 'cos he thought it was obligatory.....
Sad isn't it.....God grants you....and a few chosen others, the ways and means to float yourself over the loveliest part of the country. in your favourite armchair....and all you care about is kicking your arse over what might have been...Sad..
And I have to say ....that whether its the floating about over Thirlmere water..or trying to scratch your way above the top on East Hill.....enjoy it....Take a lesson from Ron Don, take what you get....whatever you get....whenever you get it...and appreciate it in it's entirety....you won't catch him kicking his arse...even if he goes down....
Wonderful!....HUGE bottom field
Its all about appreciating all that you have...before its all gone....and in that respect, I think I'm doing alright...for someone who's not right
What is this wanker talking about?.....I hear you ask yourself....
I'm just kicking my arse over all the things that I could have been doing instead of writing this drivel....does anyone read the board anymore?
Can't finish before I say thanks to all those of you who are so good and kind to me....taking the load off me back...where would I be without you?....you know who you are
Over and out!
Attachments
1-DSCF1159.JPG
1-DSCF1159.JPG (72.6 KiB) Viewed 13047 times
1-DSCF1142.JPG
1-DSCF1142.JPG (85.33 KiB) Viewed 13047 times
Gordon C
Chatty

Post by Gordon C »

(y) (y)

livetrack24 GordonC
berow
Regular

Post by berow »

I check the board frequently. Well said.
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

And that's why we should use the forum instead of WhatsApp!!!!
Forever brilliant!!!
Now back to kicking my arse,,,,anyone else want a go? :D :D :D
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
RonDon
Regular

Post by RonDon »

So lovely written—sad—lovley we can all dream.
Everyone who lives dies, yet not everyone who dies, has lived. We take these risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping us ...
chrisfozz
Regular
Full Name: chris foster

Inspirational

Post by chrisfozz »

Inspirational
Chris L
Regular

Post by Chris L »

John..............You're a literary master in my eyes, brilliant verses! Interestingly enough I've stopped kicking my own arse since I stopped posting my flights on the league I feel liberated and free from chasing numbers Now I just fly and enjoy it. Yes I still love to go XC but some days I just want to boat about and enjoy flying for flyings sake
Great to see you all yesterday and hopefully catch up with some this Saturday :)
Feel the fear and do it anyway!
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

Totally agree Chris, flying is far more enjoyable when numbers aren't involved, I came to that conclusion 3 years ago and have far more enjoyment now. :)
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
Brian Nellist
Chatty

Post by Brian Nellist »

(clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap)
Well said..... I would just like to add the wife does all my arse kicking!!!!
:lol: :lol:
Cheers.
Brian. 075403610ninenine

Aka the caretaker

Always keep your feet firmly on the ground, even when your heads in the air.
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

yes you have my writing skills john eloquently put however people talk that much shite about chasing numbers, when you get a high one its great until someone gets a higher one when you could carried on. i dont do it for numbers but for time in the air if a get 10k in 4 hours it will be great 10k and 30 minutes its a disaster. however i still enjoy every minute of flying other than when i am shitting myself.