Pilot of the month Re Vamp

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

John Wallis
Seasoned

Pilot of the month Re Vamp

Post by John Wallis »

Up to now we have two good suggestions. We can get a stock of Tee Shirts small medium and large with NHPC Pilot of the month on the front. Or a small trophy possibly with P.O.M engraved on it. Are there any other suggestions??

Cheers

JW
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
berow
Regular

Post by berow »

Get rid of the hat?
Gordon C
Chatty

Post by Gordon C »

yea anything would be better than the hat, keep the trophy

livetrack24 GordonC
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

Scrap it all, lets just go flying, who needs a badge to say 'I'm having fun'?
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
RonDon
Regular

Post by RonDon »

The Hat belongs to, Trevor Robinson.
Everyone who lives dies, yet not everyone who dies, has lived. We take these risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping us ...
RonDon
Regular

Post by RonDon »

And the, Goggles are Trevs as well, Thank you Trevor :)
Everyone who lives dies, yet not everyone who dies, has lived. We take these risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping us ...
ron freeman
Seasoned
Full Name: Ron Freeman CFI

POM

Post by ron freeman »

Pilot of the month is a great thing to have for any club, it promotes the development of all our members flying, developes the willingness to learn and become a much safer pilot and in the long run improves our sport.

The tee shirt is a great idea with 'NHPC pilot of the month' printed front and back In time the shirts will be a much sorted item to be seen on the hill. 8)
Maximise your time & dosh do both Hanggliding & Paragliding :)
Graeme
Chatty

Post by Graeme »

Sorry to be a bore but I agree with the point John - and Gordon - originally made at the meeting. That pilot of the month should be awarded on merit only - and not for bloopers like being dragged etc.

I know the award is just a bit of fun but it could also perhaps become a little more inclusive and meaningful if nominations are made on a forum thread during the month and then voted online just before the next meeting. This might generate some canny craic and a laugh too but will also ensure everyone who can't make the meetings gets a shout.

And as Gordon suggested nominations could also be made for a broader range of achievements such as helping the club in a non flying capacity or like Trevor's excellent diversification to qualified microlight pilot.

Prize t-shirts and trophies are ok but how about a simple A5 NHPC Pilot of the Month laminated certificate?
Livetrack Graeme52

Flying for Fun Only.
Trevor Robinson
Regular
Full Name: Trevor Robinson

Post by Trevor Robinson »

How about some cheap but sophisticated badges, easy to store, easy to post out no size problems.
Agree the award should be on merit but could include any meritorious act concerned with flying i.e. effective action at an accident (although hopefully never requiried)
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

7 replies from the whole club including coaches which is basically members saying I couldn't care less about this monthly trophy.

So in that case for now can I suggest that we keep the trophy as it is but without having to wear the hat.

JW
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach
Full Name: Colin Keightley

Post by colin keightley »

John I would'nt get disheartened, generally what happens is if someone agrees with whats already been written then they don't post. Apologies that I have not posted as I wish to be impartial and want you guys to have the award for what you guys want the award for.
If Acro was easy they'd call it Cross Country

07824 554735
Livetrack24: Colinkeightley