LORDENSHAW**IMPORTANT**

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach
Full Name: Colin Keightley

LORDENSHAW**IMPORTANT**

Post by colin keightley »

It would appear that my earlier posts about Lordenshaw have created a little confusion. After re-reading my original post it could have been written a lot better to be as informative as possible.

So as it stands now Lordenshaw is NOT yet open for flying, we expect to commence flying in Feb 2017 and the site will be MEMBERS ONLY.

Information will be added to the sites guide.

I would also like to add that the sites guide should be used before going to fly a site as we all miss posts on the forum so you cannot rely on hearing about a closure or restrictions by word of mouth or the Forum. If a site is not on the sites guide please assume its NOT ok to fly.
Last edited by colin keightley on Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If Acro was easy they'd call it Cross Country

07824 554735
Livetrack24: Colinkeightley
ron freeman
Seasoned
Full Name: Ron Freeman CFI

Confusion ?

Post by ron freeman »

I don't think there was any confusion Colin, the post said we have Lordenshaw back, now your saying expect to commence flying in February ?
and members only. When was this decide to be a members only site if we get it..
Maximise your time & dosh do both Hanggliding & Paragliding :)
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

For Christ's sake Colin's just said it could have been worded better now it's clear. People are working hard behind the scenes to secure this site. I don't know about the members only bit but if that is what the committee have decided for reasons they think are valid surely that's the way it is. They act on our behalf. If don't like it get voted on the committee and make your mark.
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

I'll wait for the minutes but I'm almost certain that I asked at the meeting if there were any objections to Lordenshaw being members only and there was none. Also a poll was ran on the forum which I think was almost unanimous that it was to be members only.

07824 554735
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach

Just to be clear Ron......

Nothing has changed

When I initially posted about Lordenshaw both the Landowner and the Tennent were in agreement that we could use the site. What I didn't explain properly is that before we could fly we needed to contact the gamekeeper about what had been agreed and to find out if he had any restrictions. After speaking to the gamekeeper Christine has negotiated no fly months which will be confirmed later and will also be getting a contact for the shoots.

Hope this now makes it crystal

07824 554735
Andrew Maltby
Regular

Post by Andrew Maltby »

Any news on when we may be able to fly here?
Christine Nicholls
Chatty

Post by Christine Nicholls »

There will hopefully be a meeting with the Land Agent next week, although it isn't confirmed yet, I'll feed back to the club as soon as I've spoken to him. Sorry for the delay but it's out of my hands at the moment.
If you truly want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down.
Andrew Maltby
Regular

Post by Andrew Maltby »

Thanks Christine,

These things take time and have to be right. The update and your work on sites is much appreciated.