NHPC Protection Policy

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach
Full Name: Colin Keightley

NHPC Protection Policy

Post by colin keightley »

The above document has been put in place as a policy of the NHPC.

I would ask that people read it.

The main reason for its introduction is because of the Flyability scheme and the work we will be doing with vulnerable people. However these policies apply to everyone and not just vulnerable people.

http://www.nhpc.org.uk/nhpc/stories/NHP ... Policy.pdf
If Acro was easy they'd call it Cross Country

07824 554735
Livetrack24: Colinkeightley
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

my personal feeling is that this is getting too much for the club to ask and is becoming more a professional venture. I think getting more sites and anything to benefit the ongoing success of the club is great.

however at the moment getting enough people to be on the committee is getting difficult and this is getting very heavy for me personally and would not be involved with it.

I worry that we are adding too much red tape in a very small club, I may be wrong but in my work life its bad enough without bringing it into my flying.

I do think we need to think long and hard who is going to be part of the flyability as it could become embarrassing if we get the funds only to have no one to support the venture.

cheers Gary
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach
Full Name: Colin Keightley

Post by colin keightley »

I understand your concerns Gary. I too have to implement all the red tape in my workplace.

This document has been worded mainly towards vulnerable people, but the club should have a policy anyway for dealing with abuse towards any member anyhow may it be verbal, physical or sexual.

We have introduced 2 documents both which the club should have anyway, an equal ops document and the one above. That's it their done. We are not asking everyone in the club to get involved with flyability. But those who do will need to make sure they read the docs and will be required to do a police check.

I have only asked people to read the doc because it contains some stuff about their rights.
If Acro was easy they'd call it Cross Country

07824 554735
Livetrack24: Colinkeightley
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

Having dealt with it all myself in a very volatile workplace, I understand everyones concerns and have hated being part of it in the past.
However, these documents may eventually serve to protect us all.
You only have to listen to the news, everyday someone is being accused of things they mayor may not have done.
It's these documents, procedures and paperwork,,,,which we all hate, that eventually may come to the rescue, of the accused or the victim.
Blame who you like, but it's now a world of litigation, claim and payback.
I'm sure, as with the problems that CFI's and Club Coaches faced, some will drop by the wayside, but those that really care and have a passion will continue to offer their services as coaches and flyability helpers.
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01