LOAN EQUIPMENT FOR NEW PILOTS

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach
Full Name: Colin Keightley

LOAN EQUIPMENT FOR NEW PILOTS

Post by colin keightley »

As part of the NHPC commitment to support newly qualified pilots we submitted a funding application to Northumberland County Council's Community Chest Fund. This was to enable the club to buy basic equipment such as radio's and vario's etc. that can be loaned, when required, free of charge. I am pleased to announce that this bid has been successful and we have now been awarded £1,500. This additional support will run alongside the clubs investment in the Club coaching scheme and hopefully encourage new pilots and new members to the club. Thanks to Brian Day for all his hard work.
If Acro was easy they'd call it Cross Country

07824 554735
Livetrack24: Colinkeightley
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

Excellent well done to all involved
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
Graeme Gilroy
Regular
Full Name: Graeme Gilroy

Post by Graeme Gilroy »

Great stuff, well done all involved
it's a fine line between heaven and here
Brian Nellist
Chatty

Post by Brian Nellist »

That's great and a good way to welcoming our new members
So hats off to all concerned :wink:
Cheers.
Brian. 075403610ninenine

Aka the caretaker

Always keep your feet firmly on the ground, even when your heads in the air.
Sad Northerner
Regular

Post by Sad Northerner »

Been having a think about what new kit we would purchase. From a coaching perspective a GPS Vario would be a good tool so new members can start logging flights straight away. As the SPI I find a GPS trace more useful in determining what experience the new pilot has gained over a simple log book entry.

Also, a GPS vario that is 'Livetrack' enabled would bring an added safety measure to the new pilot flying.

Thoughts?

Ali
He who feared he would not succeed sat still.

Do everything in moderation; except moderation which you should do to the MAX!!!
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

great idea as i had one from my first days flying and found it great to know ground speed etc. it certainly can be a great tool for progressing quickly
Fingers
Regular

Post by Fingers »

Is that the one you lost on tail bridge after two outings Gaz?... wonder if its still there, in the under growth, beeping away to itself like some long lost relic from a future time.

Probably best just getting as many cheap n cheerful varios you can, they will just go like hot cakes. :D

In all seriousness what's needed are more people wanting to fly, the money would be well spent putting on open days on east hill in the summer. Possibly even paying for a bus to pick people up from various places so they are taken to and from the place. You might be surprised the vast majority of people have no idea this sort of thing goes on and have always dreamed of flying but never knew how to get into it.

A new members drive, getting some fresh enthusiastic blood in.
Everything in moderation, including moderation.
Christine Nicholls
Chatty

Post by Christine Nicholls »

I've got a small budget i could draw on if you think you could logistically arrange an open day event? Once the new equipment is purchased let's do a huge press release with photos etc. right across the county?
berow
Regular

Post by berow »

On discussion with new pilots last night they were telling me the loan of a wing and harness/reserve would be amazing. I think this is more in keeping with supporting new members who join our club. It was mentioned about liability being an issue but I still think this is the right way to go. I am happy to follow the committee.....just saying.