northumberland sites officer up for grabs

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

northumberland sites officer up for grabs

Post by gary stenhouse »

yes after a sterling job over the last few jobs Helen will be hoping someone will take this job on.

i do not quite know how much work is involved but ideally suited to someone who likes to be up in the NORTHUMBERLAND area and can do whisky run etc.

also to make sure we keep that good relationship we already have up there, i have put this here so you can show interest as the meeting is in 2 weeks time.

this i think is a very important job and do think needs to be in place before the next meeting rather than it be railroaded to someone.

cheers gary
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

You will also need a members secretary Kate filled in for a while but you need someone permanent
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
gary stenhouse
Superstar

Post by gary stenhouse »

john in writing you said you were going to take it on for 2 years?
this will be a breach of contract so you may be liable for costs
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

Ha ha I'll have to speak to my solicitor .......Mr Wolf this geezer wants some money off me :dealer:
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
gary stenhouse
Superstar

Post by gary stenhouse »

i see there has been 40 views of this but we do need to try and get this post taken. it would be good to see some more people coming into the committee and taken some more active interest.

the club needs you just as much as you need the club if you want to continue to fly Northumbria sites.

i am not quite sure what will happen as i am sure without out all places in the committee taken the club cannot continue with all the insurances from the BHPA

cheers gary
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

Just to add to Gary's post! You do not have to have been flying for years and years to be on the committee and help run the club all it takes is enthusiasm. I can list several new and not so new members/pilots who could help do the job.

It's funny because when I joined the club in the year 1879 the committee then were a strange bunch at least some of them were. They were of the opinion if you were a novice pilot you were also a novice person and didn't have any intellect direction or ideas. I put my hand up to be the Chairman ...Hmm he's just a mechanic!!!

Within a few years Northumbria had started the interclub competition revolution starting with a letter to the Thames Valley Club who stated in Wings as it was then, that they were the best in the UK. Yeah really well meet the geordies mate. Then we had clubs like the Dover and Folkstone club the Pennine Club the Peaks The Mercia the list is endless and we met some great people and had some great times.

We started the club Auction which was a runaway success and still goes on today. The list goes on but the point I'm making don't think just because you're a novice or low airtime pilot you can't help towards running the club.

And I won't even mention Milkhope ooops I did

C,mon Girls and boys let's see some grit and enthusiasm

JW
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach
Full Name: Colin Keightley

Post by colin keightley »

Someone who has influence and contacts in Northumberland would be amazing :wink: :wink: :wink:
If Acro was easy they'd call it Cross Country

07824 554735
Livetrack24: Colinkeightley
RonDon
Regular

Post by RonDon »

Yes, I agree with all that has been said above. I was Sites Officer for the Cheviots and Pennines for eleven years, I still look after the Pennines then Bob took over running the Cheviots from me and carried on for a number of years. He then moved up to Perth which was too far away for him to carry on. Helen then took over from Bob.

Being a Sites Officer is very rewarding. The Farmers, shepherds and game-keepers are very friendly towards us.
Everyone who lives dies, yet not everyone who dies, has lived. We take these risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping us ...
Christine Nicholls
Chatty

Post by Christine Nicholls »

A sites officer would need at the very least to know the sites though, right? :oops:
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach
Full Name: Colin Keightley

Post by colin keightley »

Having spoken (or messaged rather) Christine has a expressed that she would do the job as long as there are no objections and as long as there's not someone else who would really like to take on this role.

I think Christine would be an excellent choice with her involvement in Northumberland and although a relatively new member would make a great addition to the committee.
If Acro was easy they'd call it Cross Country

07824 554735
Livetrack24: Colinkeightley
berow
Regular

Post by berow »

She was made for this role.
John Wallis
Seasoned

Post by John Wallis »

Let's hope others follow her example :)

Well done Christine!
Livetrack24 wannyjollis

gary stenhouse
Superstar

Post by gary stenhouse »

Christine i think being able to connect with people and be good at dealing with problems i the bigger requirement. knowing every site inside out is not required but a general understanding is helpful and this you already have.
also we are here to help if this was the case and you were a bit unsure.
however knowing the area as you do and living up in north NORTHUMBERLAND also helps. i personally think you are made for the job and also with some of your connections from a selfish point of view you may even open up some new sites.

i know myself and other committee members would love to see you on board as this is what we need in are club

cheers Gary
Sad Northerner
Regular

Post by Sad Northerner »

It's an 'Aye' from me.

Ali
He who feared he would not succeed sat still.

Do everything in moderation; except moderation which you should do to the MAX!!!
Sad Northerner
Regular

Post by Sad Northerner »

'Aye' in respect of Christine for Sites Officer.

Ali
He who feared he would not succeed sat still.

Do everything in moderation; except moderation which you should do to the MAX!!!