Accident Saturday Lakes. Anybody we know?

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

RichardC
Chatty

Accident Saturday Lakes. Anybody we know?

Post by RichardC »

gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

dont knoe anything but funny enough when i landed at 12.50 the air ambulance came overhead. toward newcastle from the lakes
RichardC
Chatty

Post by RichardC »

Something on Facebook: Called Dan Moore

"Becky Moore" Thank you so so much Martin! You saved his life! He is as ok as can be expected. He has very very badly shattered his leg, arm and broken knuckles. He had surgery last night to try and fix his arm and leg, he now had a metal frame on his leg to stabilise it and is having further surgery in the next few days to do muscle grafts from his thigh to his lower leg. He has been moved from HDU to a ward. I have spoken to him a few mins ago, he sounded very groggy and hoarse and said he was trying to eat so to call back so he is already back to his usual starving self!! Thank you once again for what you did, it's something I will never be able to repay but I will be eternally grateful x
Mehdi
Chatty

Post by Mehdi »

Was he a paraglider or a speed winger, I know someone by that name from dz.
Live life like you mean it.
Mehdi
Chatty

Post by Mehdi »

Just found out, I know Dan Moore
Sadly a speedflyer had a serious crash up here on Saturday, reports from the scene were: He was a non rated speedflyer flying with another. Friend had completed his flight, he was flying behind. He was seen to be swooping low whilst shouting excitedly as he past some walkers. Swooping down through the bracken he impacted a hidden boulder at speed and continued to tumble down the fellside for some distance. He sustain fractures to his ankle, tib & fib, femur and arm. It was touch and go for a while to stabilize him at the scene. Currently I am filling in the incident report form for the BHPA as we are tasked to do by the CAA, if anyone has further info please PM me if appropriate. Our thoughts are with the pilot and his family and friends for a full recovery. https://www.facebook.com/Keswick-Mounta ... e-Team-980…/
Live life like you mean it.
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

very nasty indeed and why I got rid of mine to close to the ground and too fast unless its zero wind and snow. I guess free fall is very different to paragliding and mini wings as to learn to swoop on a free fall base is 1000 of jumps and even then the wrong bit of air and timing quickly hits the ground hope he recovers well
Jan L
Chatty

Post by Jan L »

The accident happened on halsfell near to our house! The ridge faces sse, PGers were flying Bewaldeth and Jenkins and were stood down as it was rough and blown out!
Girlpower!