recent flying in spain with Nick Doyouwana

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

recent flying in spain with Nick Doyouwana

Post by gary stenhouse »

well I was out there for 14 days and could of flown everyday but 2 so not bad. in summer you can fly all day depending on where but best is often later on in the day after 5 where you still have strong thermals dynamic lift. the flying is excellent and nick is always looking out for you to keep you safe. the beauty is in summer it is nearly flyable everyday but not as much for xc just nice azy days at the beach or pool and then go flying around 4.30-6pm until dark. I tended to fly 2 hours so I was back in decent time and had some very good wingover practice as well as some great themal as well as scratching and managing to stay up in very tricky conditions.
so if you get chance nick is well woth a visit as are summers are always shit for flying so any camper van folk could spend the days at the beach free and fly till dark. I flew 8 days and put another 14 hours under my belt but could of flown a lot more

cheers Gary :D :D
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

Yes,,, I've had a similar experience,,,

I've been here 14 days, every day has been unflyable except 2.

Those 2 days showed signs of quickly deteriorating to top to bottoms or flying backwards conditions,,,,so I didn't bother.

Though there were reports of 12 - 14mph on the hill flying till dark from some parts of the Cheviots.

Maybe we should get together and make a full 14 day stint of flying! :)

Pretty much the same with the surf though, one miserable 1ft day, suppose it has given the ear drums some respite from the pounding the French surf was giving them though! :)

I bet your dad is wondering who keeps waving to him when he's driving the Happy Bus!!
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
cookbot
Mingling

Post by cookbot »

Where in Spain were you? I've had my Anncey fill and fancy somewhere new in the camper next.
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

Near Alicante gran alicant a stone throw from Alicante airport