CSC site issues

A section of our forum for CSC, NYSC and DHPC

Moderator: Club Moderators

gordie
Regular

CSC site issues

Post by gordie »

Have decided to copy and paste this message about flying on Blease last Saturday as I know a number of you were there. If any of you were the 'offending pilots' then please can you be much more carefull in future and ALLWAYS check the CSC site alert page and sites guide before flying any of our sites!!!! Off now to see the relevent farmer to contain any issues, a job I should never of had to do as all the relevent information was available. Please also note that further CSC sites have recently been closed due to local pilots irresspocable behavour causing sheep to be disturbed resulting in a very upset farmer.

Message from CSC forum:

It seems that Blease was the place to be on Saturday and great flying was had by most.

However, if we are not careful we are going to lose this site.

Blease has an AMBER WARNING stating that if their are lambs in the football field it is closed for landing. There were lambs in the football field on Saturday but not everybody avoided it!

Also, at least one farmer was on the war path at Blease and was camped out in the field behind the ariel/sub station on the track to the car park. He was sat waiting for any unsuspecting paraglider to land and was not in a very friendly frame of mind.

Hopefully conditions were good enough that nobody needed that particular field on Saturday. If they did however, and the farmer was still there, we may have someone missing in action right now.

As a hang glider pilot, that field is not an option for me but I can see why the PG's use it from time to time. There is seldom any stock in the field so I can't really see why the landowner is so angry about it, but he obviously is and If we ignore his obvious frustrations and the rules of the site we could lose one of our best sites forever so please make sure you read the site rules and if you see anyone on the site that you do not recognise ask them if they know the proper landing and no go areas.