Coming days flying

Post here where you will be flying today or tomorrow etc. Information such as the site you intend to fly a mobile number for others to contact you and any other information necessary.

Moderator: Club Moderators

gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Coming days flying

Post by gary stenhouse »

Well i think today could turn out ok as the front goes through and north northumberland moneylaws maybe ok.
Also later i think west hill may well be the place to be

Saturday the east side looks quite windy on the east and think wolf Craig’s in the lakes maybe a good choice.
Keep an eye on forum and whatsapp
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Re: Coming days flying

Post by gary stenhouse »

Well it looks like the ones that went flying filled there boots as you could of got 6-7 hours flying at wolf and sure moorfoots Moneylaws the same.

However why so few pilots don’t go flying when such a good forecast is beyond me when it is posted where to go or meet

Moneylaws 5 pilots
Wolf 2
Moorfoots 3
And 1 at model ridge

11 pilots out of 40 why could so other pilots not make the effort as surely 75% of people cant work Saturdays?

Very good days have to be grabbed with both hands in paragliding as often you may miss a day and wait 2-3 weeks for another go

Cheers Gary
colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach
Full Name: Colin Keightley

Re: Coming days flying

Post by colin keightley »

Gary you talk like we are a bunch of lazy bastards at work who can’t be arsed.

Different people have different motivations, when I first started flying I was out with every glimmer of hope of flying but reality soon kicked in and found it was not worth constantly pissing of Julie by sitting on a hill especially not flying. Also every site is a good drive for me so there was the cash burden on my family too. So these days all the planets must line up and the moon glow purple. But in all seriousness I try to select almost guaranteed days and if I have family stuff then that takes priority no matter what.
If Acro was easy they'd call it Cross Country

07824 554735
Livetrack24: Colinkeightley