well thursday could be a good day

Post here where you will be flying today or tomorrow etc. Information such as the site you intend to fly a mobile number for others to contact you and any other information necessary.

Moderator: Club Moderators

gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

well thursday could be a good day

Post by gary stenhouse »

well not that I can get off but think there could be some good flying, I think for none xc hogden is a great safe hill. still can be very thermic there but a beautiful place to fly. if there is more south in it across the dales Semmer water can give great flying and soaring, cross country can be great also.
find a hill into wind and looking at the airmass you are likely to go up.

what I can say the last few days have been quite punchy and a lot worse near the coast when going in and out of seabreeze.

what ever you do enjoy what you do and if you don't feel right land and enjoy the vies

cheers Gary
aliwes

Post by aliwes »

Is Branton any good?
gary stenhouse
Superstar

Post by gary stenhouse »

where is branton are you thinking east hill as it is out for lambing, looking quite windy now for the dales
aliwes

Post by aliwes »

It must be East Hill. Good to know it is closed, cheers.
gary stenhouse
Superstar

Post by gary stenhouse »

looking at tomorrow I have my suspicions that under low pressure and airmass the wind could be too strong semmer water. could be wrong but normaly better if we are under a bit of high pressure ridge. it may change for the morning and if I did not have the pressure of work then would chance semmer as 11-12 and you get away it will be fine.