saturday the 9th could just be flyable

Post here where you will be flying today or tomorrow etc. Information such as the site you intend to fly a mobile number for others to contact you and any other information necessary.

Moderator: Club Moderators

MadDog
Chatty

saturday the 9th could just be flyable

Post by MadDog »

well looking at the forecasts it looks like Saturday could be fine for flying even moneylaws or even Hownam. I think there maybe quite a few options as Model ridge lakes could be on, so you have to grab every chance before the really grim weather comes are way
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

It seems I have been posting under John by accident as I had to put his flights on from my PCs. At least it looks like we have more members posting this way😀😀😀😀
berow
Regular

Post by berow »

Tinto or Moorfoots?
steve-gill
Chatty

Post by steve-gill »

...or Model?
ron freeman
Seasoned
Full Name: Ron Freeman CFI

Ingram valley show today

Post by ron freeman »

Ingram valley show to day, lots to see and do + West hill just behind 8) forecast is good !
Maximise your time & dosh do both Hanggliding & Paragliding :)
berow
Regular

Post by berow »

A wonderful day at Tinto. 2.5 hours of easy flying.The most memorable part of the day was watching an inexperienced pilot descending on big ears, full speed bar and pissing down with rain. I won't forget the panic in his voice as he asked me to grab his brakes!! I shouldn't laugh.
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

Well what a great days flying and walking, as not always when you do a short xc do you get picked up as quick. Still after 5k i got a lift all the way back to the top of Tinto, where the guys had a hot coffee and a sanwitch waiting. Then we waited for a shower to pass through and then got another lovely flight. Some realy nice smooth flying considering the size of the clouds about so very deceiving mind i would not liked to getting court in one.
Followed by a couple of beers from Neil's fridge and an Indians at ali G you could of not asked for more

Cheers Gary
ron freeman
Seasoned
Full Name: Ron Freeman CFI

Decided not to fly..

Post by ron freeman »

West hill, wind was ok 12-14mph n.west but the sky was full of very large cu's with low cloudbase and tops reaching 20,000ft ! glider back in the bag for a better day.
Maximise your time & dosh do both Hanggliding & Paragliding :)