Great Tosson and Lordenshaw Closure

Post here where you will be flying today or tomorrow etc. Information such as the site you intend to fly a mobile number for others to contact you and any other information necessary.

Moderator: Club Moderators

colin keightley
BHPA Club Coach
BHPA Club Coach
Full Name: Colin Keightley

Great Tosson and Lordenshaw Closure

Post by colin keightley »

Just to note Great Tosson was closed again this morning along with Lordenshaw, they are reporting that the birds have hatched late and are still very young so have asked the closure be extended. We are trying to sort out a date so have put the 26th up but that may change so check site guide for update. Christine will be trying to clarify dates tomorrow so she's going to ask if you guys can have a flying pass for next Tuesday 20th June
If Acro was easy they'd call it Cross Country

07824 554735
Livetrack24: Colinkeightley
brian day
Regular

Post by brian day »

No need Colin, the forecast has quickly gone to pot for Tuesday, maybe Monday, but not worth the hassle, there are other sites we can fly.
See you out there!!!!!

Surf crazed and dazed

Livetrack24 Nezzy01
Christine Nicholls
Chatty

Tosson

Post by Christine Nicholls »

Changes in access dates as Colin has advised earlier. I have received a phone call from the game keeper (Great Tosson) saying someone did try to fly without phoning first. Please can I stress that you follow the guidance on the site specific information, you MUST let the keeper know before you intend to fly, those were the conditions under which our agreement was made. Can I ask the person who did try to fly to contact me please for a quick chat 07855545964 thanks?
Sorry to be firm but it's not an easy job keeping everybody happy!
If you truly want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down.
gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

Post by gary stenhouse »

Hi Christine I would be surprised if it was a club member that tried to fly unless it was when me and chris flew back in march?
Christine Nicholls
Chatty

Hi Gary, yes, unfortunately, it was a club member and I do have their name, hopefully he will contact me. It is probably just a simple misunderstanding and I'm sure there is no long term damage done. It just highlights the importance of reading the site guide before a flight.
Christine Nicholls
Chatty

Chicks are unusually still hatching today at Tosson and Lordenshaw, so to ensure minimum disruption the sites will re-open 1st August, sorry for any inconvenience, please check the guide for updates.