Gear for sale and wanted. * PRIVATE AND COMMERCIAL SALES *

Moderator: Club Moderators

Fingers
Regular

A word to the wise

Post by Fingers »

--------------------------------------------------------

Hello,
I am okay with your reponses and price £725 i love to have the Airwave as soon as possible thats why i suggest to proceed on this purchase.The item will be transported to its destination by my cargo agent who will be coming to your location for the collection soon after sale and payment which is in form of a united Kingdom certified cheque will be made out to you immediately by my U.K based credit union agent who will be crediting me some funds worth £4,000 on an earlier cancelled order. He has agreed to issue out the funds to you since am purchasing from you.I will require your details for the payment and further reference as in the below form.
Full Name.........
Full Contact Address/Postal Code .....
Phone(home,office and cell)............
Arrangements as to how and when it will be picked-up from you location will be made known to you by my shipping agency who is presently making concrete arrangements for the transportation .Hope we can trust you with the transactions to fore see that the purchased item is registered for transportation effectively.
Looking forward to your soonest reply and details soon
Thanks & Best Regards

------------------------------------------------

This is a classic money laundering scam, and it is one that is quite popular. So if you receive a similar type of email re anything your selling ignore it completely or if you wish you could report it to the law.
Last edited by Fingers on Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everything in moderation, including moderation.
AlastairW
Regular

Post by AlastairW »

I got a number of these when I was trying to sell the Tetra last year.....

It became pretty obvious that it was a scam when I replied saying:-

The wing is torn and full of holes, and I want £2000 for it....

and they still wanted to go ahead......
chrisfozz
Regular
Full Name: chris foster

Post by chrisfozz »

I’ve recently been trying to sell a HG harness on the Skyads web site, one of the replys came from some joker who goes by the name of Morris James. The exchange of emails went something like this;-

Morris

Hello,

I saw your advert and i wish to purchase from you.

Are you the owner ?
Recent Picture ?
Recent Condition ?
Last Price ?

You can ring me on 07024031512.

I await your response.

Cheers,
Morris James

Me

It’s a Woody Valley, Viola XL. I’m 6ft 2in and 14.5 stone, it fits me nice. It is in A1 condition, as good as new with quick fasten buckles on the chest and leg straps.
The boot of a HG harness always shows wear first, have a look at the photos, its like new.
Cheers
Chris

Morris

Hello,

Thanks for the email response.

I have about two of my clients who are interested making immediately payment with Bankers Draft and it will clear and credited in your bank account within 3-5 days.

One of my client has responded very positively and i have given them my own price for selling to Him.

Have added my own profit and shipment to your own asking price and his ready to send payment immediately.

Any amount that is above your asking price on the payment will be sent back to me for pick up and Shipment.

LET THE PAYMENT BE CREDITED IN YOUR ACCOUNT BEFORE YOU RELEASE IT.

I want you to fill in the following information for the payment.

NAME :
ADDRESS :
POSTAL CODE :
CITY :
STATE :
TEL NUMBER :
LAST PRICE :

I will ensure that you recieve payment atleast within 10 working days.

As regards the pick up as soon as you confirm to me that the payment is cleared in your account, I will make all neccessary arrangement for the pick up and shipment.

I want you to know that any profit i make from this transaction is how use to earn a living.

I await your urgent response.

Best Regards,
Morris James

Me

The price is £165.00 including postage to the uk. Any payment will be cleared before I arrange delivery
Thanks
Chris

Morris

Hello,

The payment will be issue and send to you as soon as possible.

I want you to consider it as sold to me. Dont sell to anybody.

Please delete the advert from website so that people won't make inquiry about it.

After the payment is credited on your account. I will arrange for the pick up and shipment.

Let me know when the payment arrive.

Regards,
Morris James

Me

Sorry but the harness will only be considered as sold when your payment has cleared, obviously I wont sell it to anyone else after I have received you cheque.
Hope this is ok
Chris

Morris

Hello

Have you received the cheque ???

Regard,
Morris James

Me

Hi Morris.
I’m sorry but the harness is now sold, however, so you don’t lose out I’ve decided to offer you the chance to sell something for me. It’s an antique mirror that’s worth quite a tidy sum.
I’ve enclosed a picture of it.
Please let me know how you get on.
Chris

I've not had a reply yet to this one????

scroll
down

scroll
down

scroll
down

scroll
down

scroll
down

scroll
down

scroll
down

scroll
down

scroll
down

scroll
down
AlastairW
Regular

Post by AlastairW »

Well done Chris!!!!!

There is a website about winding up the scammers..... I will look it up....
Mikey
Mingling

Post by Mikey »

I was researching laptop scams on ebay last year and came across this. It's a long read but not bad as the people being scammed decided to turn the tables on the scammers...

http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/
Sergey
Chatty

Post by Sergey »

AlastairW wrote:Well done Chris!!!!!

There is a website about winding up the scammers..... I will look it up....
http://419eater.com/ perhaps?