well what a start to the year with more flying than summer

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

well what a start to the year with more flying than summer

Post by gary stenhouse »

Well what a start to the year, with nearly 7.5 hours in January and then another 3.5 in February.
Already with a Clough head run in and a good turn point flight at the coast, this has got to be the best start to the year i have had in the last 4. So let’s hope the following months can produce more of the same to make it the best year. Remember to have faith and sometimes go when even all the forecasts say differently. As if you are as passionate about flying as me then a glimmer is worth a punt, and you never know what you will get.
Remember spring is coming and its currency that keeps you sharp, sitting at home thinking about it does not keep you current.
So the next time i post i am going somewhere then use that facility and ring, it may save you a journey but it also might get you flying.

Cheers Gary
AlastairW
Regular

Post by AlastairW »

You mean go on a day like Saturday?

When the fog was so thick on the top of Model that we got lost on the way back to the Cafe from the front.......

It was character building though!
It is sad to measure your life in terms of hours flown...... but even sadder not to.........
RichardC
Chatty

Post by RichardC »

While we are all going up and down ridges others are doing proper flying.

Video

Have a look at about 3 minutes in. New Nivuk prototype with carbon inserts. I think I'll stick with my my certified wing thank you. Who'd be a comp pilot?
Misk
Regular

Post by Misk »

Boring soaring is over - the season has started! Thank God.

Lovely day at Tinto yesterday with 4 pilots at clowdbaste and going over the back - lovely, lovely, lovely. No great distances but the promise is there again :)

I even got a lift back to the car.....