looking like a big week for some

General club enquiries, talk about any subject you like.

Moderator: Club Moderators

gary stenhouse
Superstar
Full Name: Gary Stenhouse

looking like a big week for some

Post by gary stenhouse »

just looking at the forecasts for the week, and i would expect to multiple 100+ k flights going off around the country. its looking dry very low humidity and sunny. friday could be good for the xfell area but i would reckon broughton and the long mynd will be producing big ones.

still be thankfull for what you get whether that is xc or a bumble about it's all flying after all.

as miller would say if you wernt there then it doesn't count, still bad weather is better for mid week as this way i can work uninterupted without the guilt of trying to fly. still there is still no rush with over 5 months of thermal flying possible you can only grab what you can and with the paramotor i hope to do a few more special flights

cheers gary
gary stenhouse
Superstar

Post by gary stenhouse »

funny how you would think great skies and strong winds with skies to die for yet no big xcs. i maen quite a few xcs but noot like the amount over 100 yesterday, however tomorrow i think you will see a different story with lighter winds but same forecast wnw i would say wetherfell will be good the mynd parlick and the peaks dont think i can make it out but will go to radar masts if westerly enough after work or just go out on the ppg like tonight 19kg ppg like a walk in the park to launck could be the revolution in ppg for thermaling

cheers gary
Jim Bittlestone
Regular

Post by Jim Bittlestone »

Certainly was a big day for Kitt today, 140k from Clough Head.
Amazing effort, well done mate.
Cheers
Jim
Pete Batey
Chatty

Post by Pete Batey »

Marra Martin did 120K.
Pete
Sometimes you've got to dance when the music's no good.
gary stenhouse
Superstar

Post by gary stenhouse »

somw flight it looked by oyher flights entered were 40=and 50 from the lakes it was not so good mind 10am start.

yet those who traveled to the south got nothing, no doubt toay will show the same for those who do not work

cheers gary
Misk
Regular

Post by Misk »

Fantastic flying Kitt & Marra!